new here and need help

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
krazygirl15

Post by krazygirl15 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 am

Hi everyone my name is Hana i am 23 years old and been suffering from what i believe is ocd for 3 years my obsession is about being a lesbian and its horrible but i looked up a therapist who specializes in ocd and cbt and have an appointment tomorrow and i am really nervous and anxious about it i am afraid to talk about my obsession in case she says its not ocd and im in denial which i am not also my mom doesnt know about this obsession i just told her i have ocd abd i am afraid the therapist will tell her or she'll make me tell her about it please help im freakin out

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Hana!
You have ocd, this is very common thought on ocd. I am glad you go to the therapist and get help because ocd is treatable and you dont have to suffer. Like I said, this thought is very common for ocd sufferes, so dont be ashame. Is not you, is your ocd. Talk to your therapist about your thoughts and feelings and she or he will help you!
Pm for support if you need!
You will be ok very soon!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:54 am

it totally sounds like ocd, check the posts in this section, it happens a lot and any good therapist will not say you are in denial, if s/he does, get another therapist.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:48 am

thank you both very much i appreciate your advice

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Any "Mental Health" issue is scary when you have to make a decision to get help. The important thing is, you feel the need to get help for something going on inside your body that you can't pinpoint or understand fully, whether it's in your head or just your thoughts. Do not let the process get to you, you will understand much more after your initial meeting with your healthcare provider. If you do not feel comfortable with the therapist after 1-2 visits, find a new one. Locating a therapist that can explain your particular issues, and outline a course of treatment, is critical in getting the care you need. If medication is indicated, ask about the side effects up front, and then follow that up with research on the Internet, just becareful not to take individual testimony to heart. There are many types of medication as well as treatments, the key is for you and your therapist (not mom, dad,a boyfriend or girlfriend) to work together to get you on the road to recovery, although support is very helpful as long as it's positive. Medications can take up to 6 weeks to become completely effective, so don't expect miracles over night. You may also have to change medications a few times to get the right one for you, that's just part of the treatment, should you have to go that route. Don't let the old fashioned stigma of having some sort of mental health issue stop you from seeking help. You know your body better than anyone else, and it's obvious you feel something is not quite right. Follow your gut feelings, they are usually the best indicator. I have been dealing with depression, anxiety and panic attacks for over 14 years, and I am still a work in progress. It's not a death sentence, but you are your best healthcare advocate so keep looking until you find the best combination for your problems. I wish you well on your journey...

Post by Guest » Wed May 05, 2010 6:12 am

I don't know. Only you can decide if u are a lesbian. As far as obsessing over it, it doesn't do any good. Just take it day by day. What comes will come.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”