Blasphemous thoughts - please help!!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
James1986

Post by James1986 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:12 am

Gman9259, I only do this to help, but I will caution you, Joel is right about what he says here, but he is no preacher he even denies Jesus is the only way 2 Heaven look it up on youtube, He will not confirm that Jesus is the only way which is the same as denying him, Joel is a wolf in sheeps colthing looking out for his personal gain, you never see him preach on a lost person going to hell, he will never preach against sin! Beware!!

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:17 am

Hi James,

It is enough that Joel brought out these good points. The human error that Joel made, is something He is accountable to God for and will probably endure the judgement and loss described in 1 Cor. 3:10-15. I don't want to say anything about this error he and many others made, including Billy Graham made late in his ministry.

I believe that God will still use him as God has done many other times in the Bible. After all, God used, prostitutes, donkeys, mules, colts, lepers even a jaw bone of an ass to have His purposes accomplished. I think we all have to be Berean's and not take any one's word on which to hang our faith. My faith is in the Living word of God; Jesus as pointed to us via God's written word to us. If we do as Paul instructed Timothy in 2 Tim. 3:15-17 folks will fair well and be able to discern the things of God and the things in error.

I am not saying this as a boast or brag, but I believe a big problem is most Christians seldom study God's written word on a consistent basis, but instead rely on their own reasoning when the bible tells us at
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Other words for trust are Faith or "have confidence in" and disciples of Christ should not hang there faith on anyone or anything but Jesus Christ, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23.

James, i love ya brother! Keep on keeping on, studying the word of God to show they self approved (2 Tim 2:15)
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Wonderman

Post by Wonderman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Hey guys,
Well you just have to watch out what you see on tv, radio or internet. Some ministry televisions is good but the bible warns keep an eye out for false prophets.

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."(matthew 7:15)

I ain't calling anyone a false prophet but God is the Wise One who really knows everything. Sadly i've been catching many sites calling Joel Osteen and Rick Warren and other teachers false prophets. I ain't gonna make my own judgement's about them but the best thing id do is trust Jesus Christ, the bible and stay connected with my church! Lets pray that God will guide us to the truth. Be wise and don't be deceived.

"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, and you and your houshold."(Acts 16:31)

In the Name of Jesus Christ, AMEN!!!!!:D:D:D

Wonderman

Post by Wonderman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:57 am

Originally posted by Wonderman:
You know what, thats exactly true, once your in Jesus Christ his blood has washed away all your sins.. Thats right Mrs T Bones!!! And for the unpardonable sin, its just impossible to commit it. Remember, Paul said that there is now no condemnation for those who are in Jesus Christ!!:D:D
So James tell me, how long have you been preaching?? i see your a big help to everyone here! (1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 25:16, 17, 18) gives me one way to talk about my problems with Gods:D:OH YAH!!
Alright then im off God bless you ALL!!

Wonderman

Post by Wonderman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:01 am

(sorry, that last message is old, i made corrections from last times letter!)
Gotta double check and see all the stuff i wrote, make sure there are no false teachings! God bless...

Molly77

Post by Molly77 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 am

God is a God of love not punishment and fear.."for He did not give you a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind."(2 Timothy 1:7) He knows the heart and it is the heart that matters. Our expectations of how life should be when we are 'good' means that we shouldn't have any bad thought or feelings if we are in God's favor. NOT TRUE! We will still experience everything that everyone else does. It is ok to feel angry with God at times, He can handle it and he understands. He will not smite you for an emotion and expression of that emotion. The only unpardonable sin is hardening of the heart against Him...and if you feel so bad..that says your heart isn't hardened it is just feeling an overwhelming emotion from the situation! Peter denied Him three times! He loves Him still! David killed to cover his sin, God loves Him still! SO crying out and cursing Him isn't going to throw you from His sight..if what they did, didn't, what you say won't either. He knows when people are broken they aren't strong without Him. He can handle words in anger,despair, etc. He will be waiting there with arms outstretched when you are done.
Love and Light to you!!

shello

Post by shello » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:01 am

God loves you and expects questions. Yell at him, blame him, but talk to him. He will love you through it!!!! I promise!!!! I guarantee that you will have bad thoughts and you will doubt and that's okay. We aren't perfect. Sometimes we need to yell at him. He knows that. He knows that its truly just your heart and mind and soul aching and that you just want answers. Its the devil that makes you think you can't talk to God. Well that's a bunch of hooey because you can. No-one loves you like him. His love is unconditional and he gave his son so that you could talk directly to him. Please talk to God. He will help you. I am not saying he is gonna cure the anxiety but talking to him will ease some guilt. You know that he knows already, so don't try to hide those feelings. I have to admit to him my doubts all the time. I think its when we stop talking to him that he worries most about us. Hope this helps some.
"Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees you are in the perfect position to pray."

James1986

Post by James1986 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:29 am

First off do not yell or curse God then you are guilty. This sounds like Job's wife she told Job 2 curse God and die, but Job didn't he knew better. So that is the worse advice 2 give, and if you read in leviticus you will see where a blasphemer was stoned, because he did it openly, I'm not saying God will do this, I'm just saying if u do it willingly there can be punishment!

Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:22 pm

James, I disagree with you because most of us here believe we ARE doing it willingly (hence the basis of OCD). Your comment may really freak out some folks that are trying to find peace from this....

James1986

Post by James1986 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:13 am

You can disagree but that still doesn't take the blame away or make it any less true, if u fight against something then that isn't willingly, but if you do it willingly then well thats you!!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”