Blasphemous thoughts - please help!!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:13 am

I think this post really says a lot about how ocd works. I am not very religious at all, but I do believe in God and have faith that he knows what kind of person I am. I have had thoughts of all different kind, from thinking terrible things about my parents, about myself, and now, about God.

I understand now that these are just random thoughts that my mind is generating from intense anxiety. I have had the most terrible anxiety you could imagine for years. After watching Dr. Phillipson's video and learning about these thoughts and how my reaction to them control them coming back really gave me the knowledge i needed to take a step forward with these disease. I understand that these thoughts give us anxiety because it's something we do not want to happen.

My biggest fear with these thoughts is that God will not know that it's my ocd generating these thoughts and judge me for them. But I said ot myself if God can see into my thoughts, then he would definitely know that these thoughts are unwanted. The fear of God judging me for them is still there, but at this point that is something I will live with. I know I do not mean these thoughts and do not want them, and that is good enough for me and I think God knows this as well.

I think that living with uncertainty is key to overcoming this disease. I am not 100% certain that God knows these are ocd thoughts and not my real thoughts, but I am 99% certain he does. With ocd, I think we strive for perfection, because when everything is perfect, there is nothing for us to worry about. For me, if I keep telling God I don't mean these thoughts, that temporarily makes everything feel "right" again. If I don't keep telling God this, then I feel slightly uncertain about him knowing that these are not my real thoughts. I am accepting this uncertainty now, and am going to live with this uncertainty. I don't need everything to be clear in my mind to feel good now.

When I look back at my other ocd habits, this is what it's been feeding off of for many years. It has been feeding off of perfection. We ruminate and do compulsion to make the everything feel better. Perhaps we should learn to live with some uncertainty and doubt. I think at first this will feel highly uncomfortable, but I think it's a natural way to live, and anyone that does not know how to live with some doubt and uncertainty will struggle with an unrealistic feeling of perfection.

Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Hey Football00 - thanks for sharing. I still can't believe I started this subject 4 1/2 years ago and receiving so much feedback! Let's continue allowing ourselves to feel uncomforatble with the the thoughts, as this will help in the healing and bring us closer to God. He does not want us to be scared!!!

God Bless us all, we CAN and SHALL overcome!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey worrywoman. I think everyone has unwanted thoughts, I just think most people just ignore them. I think with us, when we get an unwanted thought, we overevaluate it and make it into something that its not. We give meaning to something that is not suppose to have meaning to it. I think after doing this for a long period of time, we train our minds to take neutral thoughts and turn them into negative thoughts. It's almost like we change the way we look at everything. I think by understanding this, and understanding that these obsessions are actually normal feelings and that we just gave them power they shouldn't have can help us overcome the anxiety and fear that these obsessions bring. For me it works 90% of the time. The other 10%, well I am jut willing to live with the uncertainty that those thoughts bring.

Wonderman

Post by Wonderman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:34 am

Hi My names Tristen, im new to this site so just getting started:D:D i just wanna say that I too have Blasphemous that is TOTALLY agains christ! I curse The father, son and the holy spirit, insult, think even lies involved with the devil and much more!All this started when i read about Blaspheme against the hole spirit is unforgiven in the four gospels! My thoughts are getting worse and its driving me SOOOO crazy sometimes!Even what the Pharisees said when jesus was healing a demon possessed man is bothering me and what they said is in my head!I don't like these thoughs, lies and insults, i don't want it and i hate it!I am truly sorry and i want forgiveness!i wan these thoughts to leave and i ask for forgiveness!!Is the only unpardonable sin a Total Rejection with no future repentance????????
Please help!!!Thanks so much!!!!!

-Tristen:D

James1986

Post by James1986 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:29 am

Tristen never fear Jesus is here!! Now u said that u curse the spirit now if this is out loud then this is a big problem, but if this is in your head let me offer you some relief.
This all started when I read the same passage, now let me tell you satan knows exactly when and where 2 attack!! Now if you hate these thoughts then they are not yours. Do these thoughts please you? If yes then you are guilty, but if they torment you day and night and will not cease like I am assumeing then they are not from your heart!! Trust me I have all the same thought you have described and much much more, but the thing is my God is able to deliver to the uttermost!! The Bible says that the unpardonable sin is attributing Jesus miricales to the work of Satan. Now your going to reads this and your mind is going to run with it and it is going to torment you but remember when it's from our heart we will love it and take pleasure in it, feel free 2 contact me God has really worked with me maybe I could help.

I Love God

Post by I Love God » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am

Hello, I found this online and I cannot believe that I am posting about this online, but I have the same problem with the blasphemous thoughts. It started a little over a month ago and they are very intrusive. It feels like I am saying them or that they are going to jump out of my mouth. I have fear of even breathing and swallowing at times. I don't know where they came from but I too have a hard time, like sometimes I feel peace and then I wonder if I am going to go to hell because it feels like I am saying these things. I guess that I sometimes feel like maybe I want to have these thoughts or am tempted to say them out loud. Before all of this I was so into God and still love him so much, but sometimes I just cannot understand why he would let this happen to all of us. I just want to be better or rid of this and move on with my life to serve him.

I Love God

Post by I Love God » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:11 am

Let me just clarify that I am not actually opening my mouth and saying these things, but I just want it to go away. It just makes me so sad because my relationship with God was everything to me and now it just feels so different but not. I feel like I cannot even really enjoy life anymore. Part of me is just so angry and I am trying not to be mad at God, but I am just so frustrated with this. Everytime I think about how things were before all of this I get so sad. I feel like all of this has just warped my mind. I try to tell myself that I will serve God even if I go to hell, but really who wants to think about that everyday? I wonder if I too have OCD. I just want to be normal again and enjoy the life that God has given me. :o(

Wonderman

Post by Wonderman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:55 am

Alright the best thing you can do is to relax!
I know lots of people are FREAKED out when they get the though of going to hell cause wherever you go will be for eternity (Forever).
But we shouldn't think like that because if we accept Jesus as our savior then we trust that he'll get us to heaven! God wants the best for us. He loved us so much to send Jesus to die for us. We deserved to die in hell but God in his GREAT LOVE CHOSE to save us!!! All we have to do is go to him and pray that he'll take our burdens, fears, worries!Thats what jesus said, go to him and he'll give you rest!! God will help us grow strong in faith someday! Don't worry the Holy Spirit will tell us the truth!!!!!!:D:D

James1986

Post by James1986 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:16 am

Ok Tristian let me say this,The Bible says that the unpardonable sin is attributing Jesus miricales to the work of Satan. Read on down in Matt 12 it tells you plain as day what it is. Now let me say something else, to you and I Love GOD, do you hate these thoughts? It sounds like you do so how can your heart where the seat of passions is put out thoughts that it hates? Do you think its a coinincidence that these thoughts started not long after you became a Christian? Your salvation is not based on if these thoughts stop I'm a preacher and I still have them, but I hate them also. But I trust in Jesus for salvation! By you being worried by these thoughts gets your attention off of Jesus and on yourself right where satan wants it!! Look 2 Jesus not to yourself, if it's bad enough go 2 the family doctor, tell him you have been haveing intrusive thoughts that will not go away and it affects your day greatly. They might put u on diff meds, but the one that has worked 4 me is the offbrand of prozac. And believe me I can tell when I don't take them! But remember also that even though we have these thoughts we should still be witnessing, 2 show the fruit of our faith in Christ James 2. I know you are reaching out 4 help, and if you need it email me.

Wonderman

Post by Wonderman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:05 am

Ya i guess these thought s are distractions from Satan! even thought these thoughts drive me crazy i still think and trust Jesus! Question, are you also a growing christian?Well if you got more advice then feel free!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”