Blasphemous thoughts - please help!!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Molly77

Post by Molly77 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:28 am

James, we aren't perfect and we will willingly fall down! Peter denied Jesus three times and God still loves him! Yelling and screaming at God is OK! He isn't going to cast you away and throw you into a pit for it! If your heart is true and it is out of pain, God KNOWS that. I yell and scream and curse at Him when I am upset and hurting. Guess what? He still loves me and gives me the strength to forgive myself when that happens. I try not to do it, but when I do, I know I am NOT perfect and that includes my relationship with God isn't perfect. It won't be. He loves me and I love Him.

Nothing like a TALL order to tell people they can never willingly yell or swear at God...we all have at some time or another. Whether consciously or subconsciously. The people that crucified Jesus? He asked God to forgive them because they know not what they do!" Did that mean that they didn't know hatred and killing someone with cruelty wasn't good? NO! They didn't understand the ramifications of what it meant to kill Him. Job's wife meant that in the context of curse Him from the heart and turn your back on Him. Not swear at Him..it wasn't just that cursing with words, she was talking about but hatred. The person who was blaspheming God to be stoned wasn't just swearing in words at God, he meant it from His heart in terms of turning his back on God. The context isn't meant in the terms of yelling at Him out of pain and suffering. I am sorry. I will NOT live in fear of not having a perfect relationship with God. I will fail that order. He isn't going to smite me because I called Him a SOB. He knows that it will cause ME pain because I will feel guilty about it and beat myself up for it. He forgives, I try to not do it again but the truth is I may. That is between me and God and you know what? He has let me know that I need to forgive myself for that because it is said and done and He loves me still. So I will believe His personal relationship with me first.

When we are in pain and afraid...we do things out of fear and passion. We will NOT go to Hell for that or cause worse things for ourselves because that happens. It's being honest with ourselves and God. Whether you let yourself give it words or not, that pain is still in the heart and mind and it festers if you don't let it out, own up to it and let it go. Or it may turn into bitterness and hatred. Be honest with God and own up to those icky feelings with Him at times. The only way to be free is to be honest with Him. In my belief, don't ever be afraid to come to Him with ANY emotion or attitude and try to sort it out. Whether it be yelling to get the "muck" out of the way to see what is really bothering you, first. Then talk and listen. God has a compassionate ear...no matter where you are at.

SO no, I don't agree with you either James. But we are all entitled to see things the way we see them.

James1986

Post by James1986 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:22 am

Wow, u want to read what i said again?"if u fight against something then that isn't willingly, but if you do it willingly then well thats you!!" Jesus said out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks. So what would you say to that. I'm not here to beat anyone up as a matter of fact read my past posts i know what people go through. I never said u was goin 2 hell because u curse at God, But if you yell at him then that is you!! Thats like me saying I robbed a bank, but it wasn't me. Look I know about the thoughts and feelings thats why I go to God tell him the thoughts I'm having and 2 forgive me 4 them. And yes you are right about Job's wife, she meant curse God from your heart, why didn't Job do that? Because he knew he didn't feel that way, in fact he called her a fool. Did he mean that? Yes of course he did. But I DO NOT RECOMEND CURSEING GOD! Why would you instead go to prayer and tell him thats how you feel but you will not give in to the feelings. And sure God can forgive you, and yes that is why Jesus said forgive them becase they really didn't know who he is. Do not take what I said out of context, and don't just go around and read commentarys or ask people what do u think about this verse, if your saved your should have the Holy Spirit 2 guide you, I'm not saying u don't I'm saying do not do this because you mite not be getting the right meaning. I take the Bible at its' word, just as you. You don't have 2 give me many examples because I can give you many also. How can you say that you can yell at God and that not be you, come on you know it is that's how you feel and God wants you to be honest with him, Job was very Honest with God and even King David lets us know in Psalms that God desires truth in our inward parts. Like I said before u can disagree with me but it doesn't make it any less true.

Molly77

Post by Molly77 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:31 am

James, where did I say that it wasn't me? Of course it is ME yelling at God. I take full accountability for it but ya know what? God still loves me and helps me work through it.

Sometimes people say things they don't really mean because of the pain. Just because you speak words doesn't mean that is your heart. When Jesus said that I believe He meant if you say something enough times, you will believe it and then it will become your deepest believing in your heart. ALSO..
If the heart has deep pain that pain will come out in whatever form it comes sometimes. Ever hear the saying that hurting people hurt people...well sometimes that "person" is God. But God knows the heart and he knows where those curses stem from. A lot of times the actual words out of our mouths isn't really the heart of the matter. Sometimes they cover up the real problem. Always be accountable for yourself..it will help you progress in healing and growth.

No, this isn't a word war and I didn't intend on that. I did not take what you typed out of context, it sounds the same to me here as when you posted it before. But then again, text is a very difficult form to communicate solely with. Every one has a different perspective of context.

Red Liberty

Post by Red Liberty » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:52 am

I want to adress molly77.

Listen, please and understand that you have been thoroughly decived by the devil to think that you can curse at GOD and then turn around and ask him for forgiveness about it. GOD is a holy GOD. and what example in scripture do you see where any of his sons or daughters curse at him. yes Job wife told him to do that but did he? any more scriptures that you can use to support this rationale of yours? im new to this blog because i to was having these blasphemous thoughts concerning CHRIST but don't get it twisted you were created not GOD what kind of twisted thinking is this that i can curse at GOD because im mad but he understands? you have no scriptural support for that. to teach others that it's ok is severly dangerous for you becasue if you stand before GOD with this thinking you will be sorely upset. the devil has surley decived you! listen i want ot be understanding but not a fool. the real issue you must understand is that your not a good person at all. like not all as romans says they have all turned aside they have together become unprofitable: there is none who does good, no not one." romans 3:12 if GOD was to really show you your heart you would curse GOD with no remorse. your that evil! the heart of man is extremly wicked and hostile to righteouness so much so that we are born enemies of GOD by nature ephesian 2:3 Among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lustss of our flesh, fufilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature the children of wrath, just as the others." you have a twisted way of thinking in your condition. i don't know if your truly one of CHRIST's daughters with that sort of thinking romans 12:2 and do not be confromed to this world, but be transfomred by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of GOD." how can the spirit of GOD be dwelling in someone who curses at him on a regular basis? your greving the spirit of GOD! the spirit of GOD convicts men of those very things john 16:8 and when he comes, he will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement. of sin, becuase they do not beileve in Me." this is a war! finding peace or coextsitence with these thoughts shouldn't be the case or solace in these blogs but a place to get a biblical understanding of this wickedness and help fellow brother and sisters in CHRIST. a good resource THOMAS GOODWIN- "the vanity of thoughts"

Molly77

Post by Molly77 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:00 pm

I do not agree, for God also resides in our heart so how can we be completely evil? The nature of man sins, yes but our spirits are made of the Light and Love of God, so there is more in a person's heart than evil. If that verse in the context you speak of it is true, then why would any of us choose Him at all? I am not saying that I am in the mind frame of nonchalance. I am saying that when I am in pain and I yell at Him, I am NOT going to get smited for it. I don't need to live in fear that when I curse or swear at Him, He will rain down holy hell. I am sorry. I am NOT deceived by the devil. I am saying that I don't think we have to live in fear if we do this out of pain. I have said, I ask for forgiveness and try not to do it again. But if it does happen again, I am not going to go into fear and anxiety about what He will do to me. I will be able to SINCERELY ask for forgiveness and TRY NOT TO DO IT AGAIN! I have explained this already. I don't think we need to live in fear about sinning again. For He doesn't want us to live in FEAR period! Fear is one of the biggest weapons the enemy has in my eyes. If God is a God of love He knows we will not be perfect even in this area. I believe in repentance I just don't believe that the wrath of God will rain down. AND when I stand in His presence I do not believe that He will get out the scales like the Egyptian God. I believe he will judge my sin accordingly and then He will embrace me. My relationship with God is a loving, forgiving, disciplining relationship. Until I let go of whatever I am hanging onto that is a bad habit. I KNOW my God. He knows I need not be afraid to be in His presence no matter what I have done or not done. He knows my heart and my intentions. I grew up in a fundamentalist household and let me say, I am glad that I don't live that way now because everyone quoted scriptures and lived in FEAR of what God would do to them if they messed up. They lived in fear of the devil too. If God is with me, who can be against me. I don't believe that the devil has any more power than you or I give Him. He cannot MAKE us do anything that we don't choose to do.

I don't need lessons in who God is to me. Thank you. I was simply stating that we don't need to fearfully beat ourselves over the head for cursing at Him. Ask for forgiveness, repent and do the best you can.

James1986

Post by James1986 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:13 am

Well if you read the Bible and take it at its word then you will find where people lived in Fear of God, not that they were scared he would kill them at every sin, but that they saw his power and how Holy he is and that is a Holy fear. So yes we should have a Holy Fear, I'm not trying 2 hammer down on you but we should not still curse God, and yeah our hearts aside from God is competely evil.

Molly77

Post by Molly77 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 am

I will agree to disagree because a human can take the Bible in so many different contexts. None of us are God so we can only study what He means. That is why we each have a personal relationship that is different. I understand Awe filled fear, respectful fear but I will not live in fear and that is ok for me. If God has a problem with how I do things He will show me. I do realize and I have said this a few times already..that I try not to curse Him again. But I am human and will fail in that as well and I believe God doesn't want me to go into panic and anxiety over it and beat myself up for it. This is the last time I am stating this. Apparently I am not being understood as to what I am meaning. I hold true to my belief and understanding of God and the Bible. Jesus was loving and forgiving of people who sinned over and over. That we should forgive our brothers 77 times when they sin against us. Does that mean we stop at 77? No! If we are to forgive our brothers always, aren't we supposed to forgive ourselves for our repeated sins? I have already stated that I try not to do it again, I also need to forgive myself for being human and ask God to forgive me as well. I am repeating myself once again. I think we take ourselves a little too seriously when it comes to hearing about others perspectives on our sins. Who are we to judge one another? If someone is quoting scripture about why we shouldn't do something, isn't there a little bit of judgment in there to do so? My sin and how I deal with it is between me and my God.

I cannot make people understand what I mean when they are looking at the words I am saying under a magnifying glass or the words of the Bible under that same glass. I believe anyone can interpret anything that is written the way they choose to, for good or ill. If God leaves us to our choices...shouldn't we accept others for theirs and let them have a voice, instead of pointing out why they are wrong for that opinion? God leads us all by that inner spirit we are connected to.

I have stated this enough and now I am done. I stand and hold true to my statement on this issue.

James1986

Post by James1986 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:19 am

Well when you confront someone with sin that is not judgement but holding them accountable as the Bible says to do, yes we are 2 forgive always. And God leads by the Holy Spirit, Jesus said in matt.12 that all sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven I not saying that you cant be forgiven, God's never seen a sinner he can't save! Lets not harp on this any more lets build 1 another up.

shello

Post by shello » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:14 am

What I believe is that God is a "big boy" and can handle it. He doesn't need us to tip toe around the issues because whether you say it out loud or not -GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING we think, feel, hear, desire, hurt, anger... he knows it all and to try to hide that from him, to not ask him for help is not believing that his power and knowledge and love for us is greater than anything we can ever even begin to fathom. God is not human. I don't care what you say to God he knows where it comes from, what your feelings are and believe me if you are a true christian then whatever you are saying is in love and hurt and confusion and desperation. If you have a fear a blasphemy then chances are high that you can never be a blasphemer because you have a fear of God.
How dare people get on hear and preach to us about what God thinks and feels and how he judges because he is so much more than we can ever be. I don't claim to begin to understand God but that is the beauty of it. He is so much more than we can ever understand. Don't you see that? Have you missed that? This God gave his son for this very stuff. For fear and for pharisee! I just don't buy it that God doesn't want me to honestly share my feelings with him. You are concentrating on what you want to point out for this discussion in the Bible. What about all the questioning and unbelief the Jewish faith has had and is recorded in the Bible and God loves them. They even turned their backs and worshiped other gods and he LOVES them. They to this day don't believe Jesus is their savior and God loves them.
If you are a Christian then God is there to listen to you and no one NO ONE can ease your pain like the trinity and don't ever let anyone tell you any differently! Sorry about the misspellings.
"Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees you are in the perfect position to pray."

shello

Post by shello » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:17 am

and let me clarify I use the word curse as in cussing- like "why the he**" or "I can't *&@(*&# believe this". To me I was talking about a curse word. Not cursing (putting a curse on) God. Why would you ever think that? I don't even think in those terms. It just now hit me that you took it that way. Yeah- I am not going to curse God. I don't really advise that. Maybe I should have said use profanity or cussing. Sorry my bad.
"Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees you are in the perfect position to pray."

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”