Blasphemous thoughts - please help!!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Markn

Post by Markn » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:14 pm

God is all knowing and a merciful and loving God. Would you condemn your own child to suffer if they said things like that to you and you knowing that they didn't mean it? How much more does our loving God forgive us? God is not thinned skinned he can take it lol. God created us right? Then he must know our inner workings and how our mind can mess up from time to time. Give yourself a break and forgive yourself and just except the love that the Lord is waiting to give you.

Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Hey Markn, thanks so much for your comments. I feel like I am trapped in that movie "Groundhog Day", with Bill Murray. I want to wake up and experience something new and different, and I know someday I will. Everyone within this community enables me to reach this goal, thank you and I am praying for us all!!!

Ariyon

Post by Ariyon » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:39 am

Just wanted to chime in here - I'm a new user, and your post really meant a lot to me because I have felt this way as well. I know this may sound strange - but what helped me is that I completely re-developed my idea of who and what God is so that it fits my experiences as an adult. I no longer see God in the conventional terms (I don't picture him as I did when I was 6 - with a beautiful long beard on a golden throne.) I now see God as the greatest educator conceivable - always pushing you forward, challenging you - in ways that are unimaginable - to grow (in all SORTS of ways) beyond your wildest dreams. This growth can hurt beyond imagining - but after some years pass you can't even picture how limited life would have been if you hadn't gone through the painful experiences and come out the other side. In other words, I see God (now) as the ultimate tough-love entity. After an amazingly difficult time there's a surprising, beautiful gift just for you that you appreciate even more than before. Sorry if this sounds sappy or strange. Learning and growth, ultimately, are the keys. It's a pretty big step to be here.

Ariyon

Post by Ariyon » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:45 am

I don't know if this will help or not, but in OCD Online, Dr. Phillipson says spiritual threats are extremely common - and he has an article called "Speak of the Devil..."

<A HREF="http://www.ocdonline.com/defineocd.php" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ocdonline.com/defineocd.php</A>

volcano

Post by volcano » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:21 am

Hi, i am new to this site, i happened to see it for the first time last nite. I had a problem wth blasphemous thoughts when worshiping God in church and when reading the bible. Eventually i satrted haveng blasphemous thoughts towards the Holy Spirit. ever since that time, i have never felt God's presence in my life the way i used to b4. My brains are no longer that good i struggle to grasp and recall information, this was not the case b4.I am studying a degree now which i was supposed to have completed in 2007, i repeated, 2nd, 4th year now i am repeating 5th year, so demoralising. when i go to bed and close my eyes i see complete darkness.I think i have commited the unpardonable sin and i am scared of going to hell becos fire is damn painfull. I read all msgs here. i still go to church, i pray, read the bible but sometimes i wonder if really God listens to me when i pray. My spiritual life is completly different to the way it was before. People if u have blasphemed the Holy Spirit in ur mind is that really the unpardonable sin.Anyone who can explain what the unpardonable sin is? The worried one, pls help

elle90

Post by elle90 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:04 pm

It feels so good to know that I'm not the only person who has had those thoughts as well. I believe it is an attack from the devil because he knows that the worst thing he could do is make us feel bad about our relationship with God so he puts these thoughts in our minds. But I just began to ignore them and cast them down and speak back to them saying to myself it is not of me, and they go away. God's love is forever, it is not conditional, and He knows our hearts and pure intentions to please Him and thats all that matters.

volcano

Post by volcano » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:49 pm

that's so encouraging elle 90

nicamo

Post by nicamo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:05 pm

hello everybody....i'm having some ugly blasphemous thoughts. It's so bad that sometimes I don't want to go to church anymore because i'm scared to have bad thoughts about my faith and religion. I get so angry at myself because i want these thoughts to stop and leave me alone. I also get angry because I see other people that they're okay or none of this stuff happens to bad people. I'm just very sad because I can't even enjoy a prayer at my church because i'm just so afraid of those thoughts that i get so panicky even thinking about it. Does anyone else feel the same way? Everywhere I go it seems like the thoughts are following me or I'm following them like a puppy chasing a bone (sigh) uughhh so mad. I HATE THIS!!! I WISH I COULD MAKE IT STOP, and then when i say i wont think about it anymore something comes in my head and says: remember you thought this? or you thought that against god or etc???? oh my lord.

Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Nicamo - you are SOOOOOOO not alone, trust me. I am so grateful for all of your posts because I believe it is God working through us and helping us know that we are not damned or cursed. We are servants of the Lord and have these thoughts for a reason that we will never know until we too arrive in Heaven. Keep the faith, as hard as it may be be, it is the Lord's salvation!

volcano

Post by volcano » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:28 pm

To nicamo and worrywoman, i struggled wth those type of thoughts in my life. when i read ur stories i can sense in me those are the works of the devil. There is no way really we can blasphem God, y cant we say those things wth our mouths. So let's stand on the word and confess it upon our lives and believe it more than any thing else. Nicamo pls dont stop going to church.At one stage in my life i stopped going to church for almost two years bcos of how discouraged i was. From last year i started going to church regularly, i bought the bible I study it every day. I couldn't go into christians book stores, now i go and buy lots of books and read them. I told myself that i loose absolutely nothing by going to church and every time i come back blessed. I haven't attained my goal of feeling God's presence the way i used to b4, but i am pressing on. When i read ur stories guys i can see these are just devil's tectics to make us loose focus. Let us know who we r in Christ Jesus and confess that daily in our lives. God loves us so much.

Yesterday in church the title of the sermon was People matters to God. The pastor demostrated wth a R50.00 note. He borrowed it frm someone and asked what makes that note to differ from any other paper the reason is bcos it has value He shrinked it and asked the owner if he still want it. He tore it and asked him if he still want it back. He asked us that wld u pass it when u see it on the street without picking it up. So to God we are that R50.00 note. He love us, He made us, He has loved us wth an ever lasting love. Nothing will seperate us from His love. The demons wth their defeated blasphemous thoughts won't separate us from His love. So cheer up guys and speak the word against those thoughts. It is sharper than any double edged sword.

God richly bless u

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”