Blasphemous thoughts - please help!!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:40 am

BTW: That posting of mine is on (page 5) of that thread, just in case, you take the "notion" to check it out sometime ;)

James1986

Post by James1986 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 am

creamcheese, maybe u missunderstood me, I said that it is wrong to say that God deserves a tongue lashing! I didn't say that it was wrong to express our feelings because he knows our heart. David was very honest with God he ask God to listen to him and tell the Lord about his enemys.

You said "Religion is a tough topic to discuss." And your right thats why I do not fool with religion, Jesus delt with that crowd and we still have it 2day. I will only Declare the word of God not debate it. Christianty is not a religon its a relationship with the Fater and the Son and the Holy Ghost.
You said"I on occasion do read the Bible. I particulary liked the Psalms."
My Bible says to study to show thyself approved. That means we need 2 study everyday, do I fall short yes I do, but as the apostle Paul says I Die Daily. You really need to think about this question, if someone asked you how 2 be saved what would u say? Anyone can pray a prayer, but believing on Jesus as your savior is not a prayer. Please study your Bible and find out for yourself don't listen to a priest, the Bible says to test the Spirits, I beg u 2 do so.

cream cheese

Post by cream cheese » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:15 am

James 1986
I find the Bible a very intriquing book.
Its reassurred me many a time.
One thing that always got me angry is when Christmas aproached and the downright materialism and exiting of Jesus' Birthday being celebrated. Everyone bought themselves gifts but Jesus had been overlooked. I find that intensely irritating. Shame that people dont focus on th spiritual side more than the material side. creamcheese

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 am

Good morning!

Here are a few things straight out of the Bible that let me know how better to determine the truthfulness of the birth of Jesus. In Luke's Gospel account at chapter 1 verses 26-31 reads as follows:

26And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail,thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

We are not told the day, but we are told the 6th month was the month of conception. I picked day 7 of the Jewish Month of Elul 3756 which would have made it Aug. 10 (Julian calendar of 5 BC) that would have been a Thursday. If you add 9 month as a period of normal gestation, and simply using this basic calculation,you can see that Jesus' birth had to have occurred in the late spring on the Jewish month of Sivan 3757 and quite possibly during the feast of the Torah (if this is correct the true birth date of Jesus is even more exciting than any concocted date made up by the traditions of man), or approximately Saturday, 2 June 4 BC of the Julian calendar or May 31, 4 BC of the Gregorian Calendar. I came to the year estimation through the Luke 2:1 account and historical analysis found on this site:

http://www.johnankerberg.org/A...choice/EC1205W3C.htm

These findings also makes it consistent with the account of shepherds in the field watching their flocks in the later account at Luke 2:8.
Please use the date converter found on this page when you scroll down a little past the half way point.

Click here for Calendar and date converter  

You don't have to take anyone's word for it, historical studies are proving every thing in the Bible and the Bible proves itself to be an infallible account of God's word of truth.

Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding, (Prov. 3:5) but be like the Berean's, check and prove everything according to God's word. (Acts 17:10-11)

I pray you make comparison studies with an open mind, and rather than get annoyed at me for trying to shed light on these truths, conduct a study based on the Bible and the historical facts as best as we can obtain them, rather than continue to believe in human tradition. Trust me, it gives me no great pleasure to have people get angry or upset with me, but if you study these things for yourself the truth will be revealed to you and the truth will make you free.

If you do find any evidence to the contrary, of the basic fact, that Jesus could not have been born in any winter month; please feel free to supply your findings, along with appropriate links to scripture readings and available on line hyper-links, and I will read them in detail in the light of the available historical facts, and God's word of truth.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (PS. 119:105)

Brother James 1986 is right when he states; we are to study to show our selves approved, (2 Tim. 2:15) for many are called and few are chosen (Mat. 22:14). I believe this to mean that many are called to salvation, but few are chosen to be the elect. The chosen or elect, are those that God prepares for the work of the ministry, and that most important work of the ministry is to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, in truth and in spirit.
Here is another truth about the observance of what has been called, by the church at Rome and nearly all of her protestant daughter's, as Easter. Christians in the their minds are observing the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, but in order to do that correctly, you need to use a Jewish calendar to determine which is the correct day to have this observance.

Here's how it breaks down, the slaughter of the Passover lamb is done on Nisan 14, then it is the feast of the unleavened bread, on Nisan 15 and then the feast of the first fruits on Nisan 16, if you use that calendar converter on the link above, you will see that the Resurrection observance should be observed on Wednesday March 31, 2010. Here is another Jewish calendar to make the comparison on the accuracy of these statements.

http://www.chabad.org/calendar.../Jewish-Calendar.htm

You'll find a small icon at the bottom of the calendar that converts it to a Jewish calendar, then change it to Nisan and go to day 16 and you will see that from 15-22 of Nisan 5770 is Pesach and is all part of the feast of the unleavened bread as ordained by God to the Jews in Lev. 23:1-44, and Deu. 16:1-17. Once you know and understand the importance of all these things, you will wonder why the Resurrection service is always held on a Sunday rather than the anniversary of the exact day as in the Jewish calendar.
I have done as I needed to do, to bring you to truth as Paul stated to those that stubbornly resisted Him. Whether you receive this news or reject it, my hands are clean just as Paul said in Acts Acts 18:6.

Cream cheese, I pray this be a blessing to you. I sense that in your heart you are searching and striving to be shown the truth, and you will find it; if you pray for the Holy Spirit's guidance and diligently search and study the scriptures. You may at times feel overwhelmed, but try to understand that Rome was not built in a day, but brick by brick.

Have a blessed day!
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

James1986

Post by James1986 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:16 am

I'm a little confused, why was Christmas brought up and who questioned the Birth of Christ? All I was doing was responding to comments maybe we need to read all of the thread before we comment.

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:31 am

One thing that always got me angry is when Christmas aproached and the downright materialism and exiting of Jesus' Birthday being celebrated.

Gman9259

cream cheese

Post by cream cheese » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:26 am

Gman 5256 This is most interesting and enlightening.

cream cheese

Post by cream cheese » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 am

Hi James 1986.....it was me, creamcheese....I just verbalize about that because it does bother me around Christmastime. Sorry for getting off the path there...I will keep comments to myself about this from now on. creamcheese

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi Cream cheese and James,

I am glad you found this interesting. I love to write about studies that I have done fairly recent. I wrote one about God's 7 Ordained feasts, that is so interesting. That one little nugget about Jesus birth date is part of it and when I saw the possibility of His birth on the feast of the Torah (Pentecost) it is just mind boggling. The Torah is God's written Word and Jesus is God's living Word, and the thought of them coming on the same feast day is so exciting to me.

When I think about the Old Testament and the New Testament, I think of it as 2 brothers growing up together. The older has made all the mistakes anyone can make, and it is all there for the younger brother, if he is wise, to try to learn from the older brothers mistakes. There is so much to learn and so little time to learn it in.

I approach my studies with a great anticipation and excitement for what the Lord will reveal to me each day. Some of the things I see is some humor that the Lord has that catches us unaware, and then a huge light bulb goes on in our head. Some people might say or think I don't have much of a life, because I can't get around too well, and I tell people that if the Lord didn't keep me humble, I would probably be off doing stuff I had no business doing.

I don't see my physical disability as a hindrance to ministering to the Lord, and to those that call me out of no where. I get calls 2 times a month from a Cigna nurse, and I talk, preach, share poetry and songs the Lord has given me, and do all I can to make sure they get a little lift that helps them get through the day. It is not to brag or boast, I love doing this stuff for the glory of the Lord, cause He is the only thing in me that is any good.

Okay, no more rambling. I would like to send you a little thing that helped me to grow into a much deeper and intimate relationship with the Lord, that really made a difference in my approach to Him, so much so that it change my life for the better in big way. Please let me know if you would like to receive info on this intimate approach to God, and I will send it to either or both of you. I really think that you will both love it and when you learn to do this, you will really feel connected to the source. Too bad it took me so long to learn these things. :)

Btw, I encourage you to ask and probe and dig and strive to get through that narrow gate. As long as we are in the flesh, none of us has yet arrived, and all of us see through a clouded lens or glass.

I pray every one of you have a blessed evening tucked safely in the shelter of His wing. In Jesus name, Amen and Amen!

Yep the old man is calling it a night. Hey, I am just an old feeb. :)

Gman9259

cream cheese

Post by cream cheese » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Gman.....love that picture..Killer in that yellow bowl....is that your dog? creamcheese

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”