Blasphemous thoughts - please help!!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
James1986

Post by James1986 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:37 am

Yes I am a growing believer we never quite growing even if we have been saved 4 30 years we still grow. I preach its a little diff. from teaching. How could you commit that sin if Jesus said no one will pluck us from his hand? If your saved you can never lose your salvation!! But if you are a christian there will be fruit 2 show it. Salvation is not a prayer its trusting in Christ for salvatio!!

i hate ocd

Post by i hate ocd » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:42 am

i am in hell i need help .blasphemous thoughts have taken away my peace.i dont want them .i have tried alot but all in vain.i am helpless but it was such a relief to read ur posts.Although it doesnt last.

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:48 am

Amen and Amen James!

You are so right and all over this subject! God bless you for speaking the truth! Suffer no more! These are thoughts induced by fear, uncertainty and doubt induced by demonic thinking. Once saved, no one; NO ONE can snatch you from the hand of God.

If you are saved, born again, and filled with the Holy Spirit, it is exactly as James said.

I nearly puked when I read that someone went to their pastor and they did not get clear answer that James has given all of you!

In my mind, that pastor caused another of God's little ones to stumble! If he didn't understand what he said, I pray that person copy what James and I say about this, study this, share it with their pastor, and leave that church asap, and find himself a church with a spirit filled, Holy Ghost trained, and gifted preacher!

I have been restraining my response, because I was just waiting for some else to speak truth so that I could agree and write my 2 sense.

God bless all of you and may the power of God through the praises on your lips break these chains of bondage to these bogus thoughts; and In Jesus' name, satan get behind and out of the lives of these children of God; Amen and Amen!!!

Thanks again James!
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

lcrich07

Post by lcrich07 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Hello I wanted to write you and give you my testimony on my battle with blasphemous thoughts. I became a Christian five years ago when my wife eventually won me over to Jesus Christ. I was a former catholic so I had a hard time at first because I thought that once saved always saved was an excuse to sin. This is a common misconception from a sinner we feel that we have to work our way to God because it seems like the right thing to do. After I realized that GOD is LOVE I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior and things went well for the first couple of years. I loved Jesus and was reverent to God however I did not read the bible or try to grow. I was still addicted to lust and sin as are most new Christians and God was slowly purging out all of the bad habits. In my third year I fell into some pretty nasty sin and I gave myself over to it for a couple of months. After I got caught I stopped and about two months later was when the thoughts started coming. I have always had a problem with OCD and trust issues, a prime candidate for satanic attack. I have had more anxiety attacks and OCD problems since I became a Christian because the enemy knows our weaknesses and has been attacking Christians for the past two thousand years. The thoughts started slowly then exploded into tormenting curses against God every few seconds I struggled with this on an off for a couple of months. Like everyone else I hated the thoughts and tried to stop them anyway possible this just made the problem worse. I used to be a catholic and was more prone on focusing on sin so this did not help the problem. The curse was against God only and went like this for a year and a half coming in waves then dying down to a couple a day in cycles every couple of months. I sought Christian counseling and learned my identity in Christ and I began reading the word daily. I would get frustrated when the thoughts would not stop and I eventually just accepted them and went about my life. After a year and a half of this the spirit came over me and told me this “The Father wants to get rid of the thoughts….You are seriously going to doubt your salvation”. I was like what the heck!!!! Two months later the curses transisted from God to guess what????? The Holy Spirit. They were not as frequent however I fell off a cliff. I thought I was damned forever I thought God was mad at me and was trying to kick me out. I poured through the internet which is not what I would recommend to anyone who thought they blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I got different opinions some hopeful, some damming. I talked to numerous Christians and they all told me the same thing. I am saved and always will be and I cannot commit a sin that would separate me from Jesus. I just refused to believe this I really thought God allowed this to overtake me because he did not like me and wanted to get rid of me. I went on ups and downs for two months. This was the worst experience I have ever been through. My heart goes out to anyone who has the same struggle I have been through. I had to see God work in my life through this in order to pull out and he did big time. The thoughts eventually got more and more frequent and I really thought it was done. I thought God was throwing me into hell and I was lost forever without a way back to him. I was stewing about this and thinking when has God done something miraculous for people with these thoughts. The minute I thought this the spirit came over me again and said” GOD IS WITH YOU”. I was jumping up and down with joy this went for a day and then I fell again when I started battling with this even more. I held on by sheer grit and sought more aggressive counseling I poured into the word. Let me tell you this if you are struggling with this the only way to help this is God’s word, when I say help I mean mitigate this. I don’t think this will leave completely. You have to understand who you are in Christ and believe it. This takes time and prayer. You have to understand this is an uncommon common temptation for believers. God is not a liar and he would not allow a temptation to overtake his believers and then damn them to hell for it. One argument I battled was well yeah he loves you but you really upset him when you took advantage of your salvation and sinned the way you did. I had to believe “While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Much more then having been justified from his blood, we shall be saved from God’s wrath through Him. Romans 5:8. This is comforting because when we were enemies to God and he loved us enough to die for us. Sure when we are reconciled we still sin however we “are dead to sin and alive to God” Romans 6:11. So why would God want to cast us out, because we fall into patterns of sin, take advantage of his son. No. Not ever. He loves us ever more because he sees his son in us and this is our salvation forever. He is not a liar and when he promised us eternal life if we believed in his son he meant it. His gifts and calls are irrevocable rom11:29. So what is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. As best I can tell from doing a lot of research on this is it is a willing rejection of the Holy Spirit, as a final NO!!! I don’t believe, I don’t want it something to this effect. This sin is an unpardonable sin to the UNBELIEVER because it blinds that individual to Jesus Christ. Spoken curse or a thought against the HS is not a eternal sin if you are “In Christ In God”. This would be an impossible logic. How can we have eternal life in Christ if we can sin and lose it via a channel that we virtually have little escape from. I cannot run from the thoughts, I cannot flee, I cannot throw them away. The only way I could stop would be to render me retarded or dead and God would not allow this. I Corinthians 10:13 should be comforting to those in this endless war with little rest and a whole lot of unnecessary pain. Once you have the Holy Spirit you are sealed forever and now God’s child and he will not lose you ever.” I will never leave or forsake you”. He meant that too. Again I had to see God working in my life for me to believe that there is no unforgivable sin a born again believer can commit. I had a dream several weeks after this started to wind down:

I was a little boy standing outside a room and the room was warm and a man sat working behind a desk I immediately ran into the room and fell to my knees. The guy got up and asked “why should I let you in here” I immediately said “because the remission of the world’s sins”. He laughed and said I have not heard that one used before I like it. He picked me up and told me that he remembered when he decided to have mercy on me as a sinner. He told me exactly what I was doing when he decided to call me to Christ. HE SAW THROUGH ME AND KNEW EVERYTHING ABOUT ME AND THIS WAS THE MOST REAL DREAM I HAVE EVER HAD. I could sense his love and power and warmth. I knew he was God. I asked him a few personal questions and then he put me down and picked up a little girl. I could sense I was dear to his heart because I had his son. This was the end of the dream. I knew this was from God to comfort me because of the problems I was facing.

The bottom line this sickness is either a thorn in the flesh, our Christian growth struggle with sin, walking in the flesh or punishment for past sin. This has actually brought alot of Good and I can see God’s purging process through this. It is definitely one thing for sure:

IT IS 100% FORGIVABLE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.

I was praying for an answer for how to remove these thoughts and I kept coming across this verse in the bible:
Matthew 15:18-20. This says from the heart come evil thoughts, blasphemies, murders, adulteries, fornications. I was confused I thought these thoughts were injected from the enemy. Mabye that’s how they started, or maybe I don’t trust God and there is something more to it. All I know is all of men’s hearts are wicked and the only cure for this is proper understanding of God’s word. We need to get to know God and the more we know him the more the truth will set us free. I believe God is leading me to this verse to help me. I am getting to know him more through his word and I am seeing a slow improvement.

I am working through this the best that I can. I am going to get medication for OCD and keep moving forward. I know the only to really please God is having Faith and I have been focusing on faith more than ever. I would recommend the Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson. This book is good on getting a believer to recognize their identity in Jesus Christ and helps with breaking bondage to sin. I am not sure if these thoughts will ever go away however I know I am eternally secure through Jesus Christ.

James1986

Post by James1986 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:16 am

The Bible says that the unpardonable sin is attributing Jesus miricales to the work of Satan. Read on down in Matt 12 it tells you plain as day what it is. And lcrich07 I'm gald 2 see you working through this by Gods' grace, If you ever need someone 2 talk 2 let me know.

James1986

Post by James1986 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:34 am

The Bible says that the unpardonable sin is attributing Jesus miricales to the work of Satan. Read on down in Matt 12 it tells you plain as day what it is. Don't go by what pastor says just bible!! I have been preaching about 3 years I am not full time just when someone calls.

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:51 am

James, I remember you answering a post awhile ago. In regard to the Bible readings. I still on occasion read but my mind is always ON GOD so to speak. I am moving out of my childhood home of 40 years. I am devastated. Since my parents deaths back in 1989/1994 I have remained a child inside this house. I am psychologically outsourced somewhere right now. Very disturbing for I have no family at this point around me. I seek out God everyday through my Mindtalks that I have. However, you are absolutely correct that reading the Bible should be studied. It has to be, its so in depth and difficult to understand. But God has come through for me after a crueling test of strength. 7 years it took me to find a home in another state, Back and forth, having my car break down several times, seeking the near perfect place that I would feel most comfortable in. I seeked out the Gideons Bible in the Motels I stayed in. I cried alot. I still do. Its still a very very difficult thing I am doing here. I have one true blue best friend whom I am leaving behind, its killing me literally. creamcheese

James1986

Post by James1986 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:09 am

Creamcheese yes we should study, and not only that but if we are God's children we shold witness and make disciples. Jesus said "if you love me keep my commandments." So if we love him we should tell someone about him. I'm sorry to hear about your parents and your struggle but remember this if you are saved you have a friend that will be with you always, and yeah I know how you fell crying a lot and seeking God, but did you know God is allowing this 2 happen 2 bring you closer 2 Him.

Wonderman I know that we can get different interpretations but this one is plain 2 see we only need 2 look at scripture. And yes you are right about seeking others out in fact I incourage you 2, when I first read this my mind put on a full frontal attack on me 2 try 2 destroy me, and I sought help on the net ( be careful on this) but God through his grace brought me through it maybe 6-10 months later. It was the vileest thoughts ever but anyways your also right about Christians can't commit this sin Jesus said no one can pluck us from his hand and his Father who is greater on one can pluck us from his hand. Like I said before do not be afraid to email me you can even invite me to a private talk, trust me God doesn't allow this for nothing it's 2 bring us closer 2 him and remember I am very truthfull so if you ask a question you may not like the answer but I will help any time 2 the best of my ability, and don't think 4 one second that I am free from these thoughts I still have them but now I can dismiss them most of the time whick took about 3 1/2 years.

James1986

Post by James1986 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:03 am

Thats right wonderman God will never leave us I am reminded when Jesus said I'll be with you always even until the end of the world.

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:39 pm

Good morning!

I want to thank James for his perserverance on this issue. James you have answered this matter so many times. God bless you brother!

I finally got around to reading this devotional posted by Joel Osteen and it is a good piece of advice and something that everyone on this thread would benefit from reading, pondering and following to act on. God bless you all:
Transformed
by Joel Osteen Ministries on Monday, November 1, 2010 at 9:38am

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by
the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's
will is — His good, pleasing and perfect will"(Romans 12:2, NIV)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Most people have things in their lives that they want to change — old habits,
addictions or something they want to overcome. The world offers so many
"solutions" to improve your life; but really, the only way we are truly changed,
the only way to be permanently transformed is by renewing your mind with the
Word of God.

The scripture tells us that we shouldn't follow the pattern of the world. What
is the pattern of the world? It's the constant striving to do more, be more and
have more that only leads to weariness, emptiness and frustration. That's not
what God intends! Instead, focus your thoughts on the Word of God because when
you make the Word your number one focus, something supernatural takes place.

Only you can control the doorway to your mind. Nobody can do this for you. You
choose what you meditate on and what you set before your eyes. I encourage you
to stay on the offensive and diligently guard your mind and heart because when
you do things God's way, you get God's results — life, peace and joy!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I submit myself to You and to Your Word. I invite You to
transform me into Your image. Help me to make wise choices and keep me close to
You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”