Blasphemous thoughts - please help!!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:55 am

Hello Everyone! I cannot seem to shake these blasphemous thoughts to God, it makes we crazy!! I pray and pray constantly for Him to take them away or just give me strength to accept them as not my own. But I tell you, it's debilitating my life. I can't smile or laugh anymore when hearing "F - - -" you, God." in my head all day. Why is this happening? I am a good person and go to church begging for grace and courage. Please, can someone offer any advice? I'm on Lexapro 30mg and take Ativan twice a day, but the thoughts still do not stop. I love God with all my heart and I know He doesn’t care but it feels so real to me, like I'm damned for life!!! Please, help, I'm so scared!!!! I pray for you all, we will overcome!

Karl67

Post by Karl67 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:09 am

Worrywoman: I have all of the same horrible thoughts that you have. I just try (and it is not easy) to tell myself that God loves me no matter what! If we believe that (again this is not easy) than a lot of these thoughts will ease up. I think our minds have these thoughts because we are so worried of falling from his grace, which is impossible to do.

Tendertouch

Post by Tendertouch » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:30 am

I had thoughts like that and finally one day it dawned on me I was not thinking these thoughts..Kind of like panic when I understood they no longer could hurt me

Deb45

Post by Deb45 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:43 am

I've had a lot of these thoughts too.

They don't have much power over me anymore. At first I prayed a lot for forgiveness. After awhile I realized God knows me. I don't have to explain. If I didn't care about God, the thoughts would not scare me. So my old reaction was enough to tell me that I really cared a great deal.

Now I've come to the point where I just kind of shrug my shoulders. Oh well, another one of those scary obsessive thoughts, I'm not going to give it any worth or power. So after awhile, you DO stop being afraid of them. And it doesn't mean you no longer care about God. It means you worked through the scary thought, and you took away any power it had over you.

Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:56 am

Guys, thanks so much for responding! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who suffers with this. Isn't so freaky how our minds scare us this way? Why God though? I have no anger or resentment towards Him whatsoever. Why does this happen?

Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:17 am

My cursing to God seems to be getting worse and I feel so unworthy in this life!! I love God more than anything and constantly pray to Him and Jesus to take these thoughts away from me. This is gettiing out of hand to the point where it scares me to pray because I hear the scary thoughts rambling in my head. How do I handle this? Please, someone help, I'm going insane!!!!

jwh5532

Post by jwh5532 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:31 am

First of all worrywoman your not going insane! I can't say that this is normal, but who is to say what normal is. I've had these thoughts myself for the past 4-5 years. I can't know what's maybe happened in your life to make you feel this, but I know in my own situation I went through some major loss's in my life and had to deal with these mostly on my own. I got to the point of saying to God "you've taken so much from me why don't you just take me and get it over with". And even with all this I do still have belief. Maybe not as much faith as before. And to cope with this I just remind myself that there's some good reason why I'm still here, and that I must be doing good for something or somebody. And I find my peace in that. But because of this I'm studing the Bible and Bible history more than ever. And I do have a much deeper interest in it than ever before. Maybe not so much in the faith part of it, but to see if I can find some answers to the questions that have been so long unanswered. Worry woman I feel if you just believe in your own strengths (and I know you have them or you wouldn't be here now) you'll find the release from this that your looking for. The answer is in you....OK
Best wishes,
James

Karl67

Post by Karl67 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:01 am

You are not going insane. I know you probably don't believe me, but I know exactly how you feel. I still get those thoughts, but they don't have as much power over me as they used to, because I came to realize that God made me (and my mind) and loves me NO MATTER WHAT!! Nothing you can do could ever change that.

When you/I (and everyone for that matter) realizes that we can't fall from the grace of God, then those thoughts won't have power over you and will start to diminish.

When Jesus said "IT IS FINISHED", he meant it. He didn't say it is going to be finished if ... IT IS FINISHED!

maryjanemay

Post by maryjanemay » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:24 pm

I have the same problem. These thoughts bring guilt, fear of hell, of loosing one's mind, but the truth is - God knows it's not you, just your disorder. He won't blame you for being sick.

In my case my therapist found the basics of what was causing these thoughts. My history with my father, became a thing for which the mask of God was created for. Maybe you just need to find what my be causing your problems.

I'm not a doctor and maybe this isn't the best course for you, but maybe it'll help you to read it.

Best wishes,

maryjanemay

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:10 pm

trust me it's the devil....i'm not saying this in a way like "the devils at ur side" so dont be scared but satan puts thoughts in our head that he KNOWS bother us and make us feel unworthy...thats something satan loves he wants to make you feel hopeless and unloved by God...we have a body mind soul and spirit...body meaning your physical, mind meaning your experiences in life, soul is who you are and spirit being Holy Spirit if you are christian. All these can affect your anxiety in a different way. I would look into books by Dr Grant Mullen i'm suppose to start seeing him he specializes in mood disorders like anxiety and depression but he's Christian. He's located in burlington ontario. He says when it comes to the spirit the spirit of God doesnt give us fear but satan can lie to our spirits too and this Doctor knows that too so hopefully i'll get to see him before I move back to my home province in april.
*~*~Now I'm letting down my guard and I'm opening my heart. Help me speak your love to every needful ear. Jesus is waiting
Not too far from here, Jesus is waiting Not too far from here~*~*

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”