Please help

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
determined75

Post by determined75 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:22 pm

I have been suffering for many years with OCD I have had many obsessions. But the one I am going through now is the scariest to me. I absolutely feel like people are out to get me. I work in the public and if someone comes into my work place and don't act "just right" I feel like I have done something to them and they are out to get me. I even feel sometimes like they are following me or driving by my house. Most of these people are people I went to high school with and that has been several years ago. My husband and I are thinking about trying to have a child. I am scared to death that I will not be able to enjoy my child because I will constantly be worried that these people are goint to get to it and do something to harm it. Has any one ever felt this way? Please help!!!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:10 pm

Hi determined..I haven't personally experienced these scary thoughts, mine are much different. I do however have a close friend who suffers from the exact scary thoughts you are having. It makes work and socializing very difficult for her. It is great that you realize you are having this problem and you seem to realize they aren't realistic. I've learned through the program that when we are anxious about a "real" thing we will worry ourselves with an "unreal" thing so that we don't have to face or work out the "real" thing. Did you get all of that? lol You said you and your husband were thinking of having a baby, which is a "real" stresser, so maybe your distracting yourself from that with your scary thoughts. I hope this will help you. Good luck and best wishes.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:19 am

Try to realize that these are ocd thoughts and are not rational. These thoughts are causeing you a lot of needless anxiety. Are you on medication? If not, it might help. But realize that ocd thoughts are unreal and therefore there is no danger in them.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”