Thoughts?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
keepsmilin

Re: Thoughts?

Post by keepsmilin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks!

I would like to maybe get the book after I do this program. One thing at a time. :)

This program already has homework and exercises and practises and it's all going so well for me..and I am insanely dedicated!! I cannot believe how far I have already come. I am really excited to invest in the book too, though. I will shout out if I have questions. Thank YOU!:)

egriff

Post by egriff » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:53 pm

The book and TEA forms are great but you are right you don't want to take on too much all at once. I think too many people try to do everything at once and end up not getting as much out of what they are doing as they would if they were more methodical in their approach :)

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

I agree with you... it's better to not take on too much. I have two jobs and just got a third...so recently gave my notice at one. And I am Singer/Songwriter...and I am veeerryy dedicated (almost OCD) to this program and I pretty much always do what it asks of me. It's draining sometimes, but it works! I am so focused that I know it wouldn't do me anyyyy good to take on anything else. I read WHEN I have a few minutes...and I read " Don't Sweat The Small Stuff"...and this is only when I can and feel like it. It helps though.

Have you finished this program?

-Keepsmilin

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 pm

PS: Egriff, thanks for replying! :) I love that people are active on here!

egriff

Post by egriff » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:26 pm

keepsmilin wrote:PS: Egriff, thanks for replying! :) I love that people are active on here!
YW and me too Keep smilin :D
I never completed Lucinda's program but am devoted to my TEA forms and CBT (which is what Lucinda's program is based on. Life has never been better for me. Keep in touch buddy!

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:39 am

egriff,

Nice to hear from you!

Are you doing TEA and CBT through books?

-Keepsmilin

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:42 am

I knew you said TEA was through a book, but is that book including CBT as well, and/or are you reading another book? I would assume the book teaches you about both and helps you with both, but just checking..

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:42 pm

keepsmilin wrote:I knew you said TEA was through a book, but is that book including CBT as well, and/or are you reading another book? I would assume the book teaches you about both and helps you with both, but just checking..
Hi and nice to meet you keep smilin (great name),
The CBT book by Sam Obitz http://www.tao3.comis the one that uses the TEA forms and all the exercises in it are CBT based not just the TEA form. I hope that answers your question? I am feeling so great these days I don't post as often but I still try and do my TEA forms every day as preventative medicine as they have changed the way I think and react for the better :)

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Thank you to everyone who has replied and relayed information-it is so very helpful!
I think the biggest thing is to remember what I have been practising and learning throughout my entire life. It's probably ( I would imagine) so easy to go back to the old, negative, unhealthy way of thinking after one has completed Lucinda's program? I think the program, though, is designed so that when you are through with it and completed it, you're new way of thinking (healthy way) has become a habit. I hope I can develop that habit. I can feel it working already and I just started session ten. So, I think all is well and will continue to be in my future. Some days will be good and others might be bad, but it's good to then, pick up a book about this stuff, whether it's the tea forms or "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" and get back to the good way of thinking.

Thank you to everyone who has been participating in this post....it's so nice to see active individuals on here and working to better ourselves and each other. I encourage you all to Keep Smiling!

Nice to meet you all!

MAD HUGSxxx

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:55 pm

It's also what you put into it, you get out of it. So even when you're through learning the material, it's meant to be remembered and practised. Develop the habit THROUGHOUT your life...Keep the positivity flowing... :)

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”