Thoughts?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
keepsmilin

Re: Thoughts?

Post by keepsmilin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:56 pm

JR5-Did you start Lucinda's program and then decide it wasn't for you? (Nice to meet you! :))

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:18 pm

keepsmilin wrote:It's also what you put into it, you get out of it. So even when you're through learning the material, it's meant to be remembered and practised. Develop the habit THROUGHOUT your life...Keep the positivity flowing... :)
I see someone answered about CBT and the TEA forms/Obitz book already :D I love this post above of yours as it is so on target and can't be emphasized enough imho. So great to have your input on here and nice to meet you too :mrgreen:

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Yes thank you. :) It's so nice to have everyone's input!

I hope to read some of the books that have been posted on this online forum one day. I am happy with this program and then once I am done and just simply live and practise it for a while, I'd like to start thinking about those books.

I hope all is well :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:53 pm

keepsmilin wrote:Yes thank you. :) It's so nice to have everyone's input!

I hope to read some of the books that have been posted on this online forum one day. I am happy with this program and then once I am done and just simply live and practise it for a while, I'd like to start thinking about those books.

I hope all is well :)
Sounds like a good plan! Too many people try too many things at once and defeat themselves in the process :(

I'm doing great and hope you are too :D

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks! I am doing well, you bet!
Glad to hear you're well! :)
Some days I feel so overwhelmed, others I am juuust awesome!!
:)

egriff

Post by egriff » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:38 pm

keepsmilin wrote:Thanks! I am doing well, you bet!
Glad to hear you're well! :)
Some days I feel so overwhelmed, others I am juuust awesome!!
:)
Thx and glad you are focused on the awesome days and hope and trust if you keep working hard you will have more and more awesome days and less and less days where you feel overwhelmed :P

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:59 am

You're right, hard work pays off...totally! :)

I hope the sun is shining for you :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:37 pm

JR5 wrote:
keepsmilin wrote:I knew you said TEA was through a book, but is that book including CBT as well, and/or are you reading another book? I would assume the book teaches you about both and helps you with both, but just checking..
Hi and nice to meet you keep smilin (great name),
The CBT book by Sam Obitz http://www.tao3.comis the one that uses the TEA forms and all the exercises in it are CBT based not just the TEA form. I hope that answers your question? I am feeling so great these days I don't post as often but I still try and do my TEA forms every day as preventative medicine as they have changed the way I think and react for the better :)
The TEA forms turned my life around, but one caveat: you have to spend 15-20 minutes on them daily to get their full benefit. The more you work on them the more benefit you get.

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri May 24, 2013 6:34 pm

keepsmilin wrote:You're right, hard work pays off...totally! :)

I hope the sun is shining for you :)
It is (knock on wood). I am feeling better than I can ever remember feeling. I hope you are feeling great too. :mrgreen:

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:30 pm

It always makes my day to see posts like this that are so full of good news :D

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”