Thoughts?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
JR5

Re:

Post by JR5 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Michael wrote:HeyWW,

Your recovery is very inspirational. I do a similair thought replacement excercise daily which has strengthend my cognitions, thoughts and beliefs!! Consistency seems to be the key!!

Michael
Hi Michael and nice to meet you! It has taken me a while to find my way back here but I also use the TEA forms and the counter exercise in the book by Sam Obitz also and have had great success with them. I am happy to hear a similar strategy is paying didvidends for you also :mrgreen: Isn't it amazing that such basic exercises can turn your thinking and life around?

Arlenez

Re: Thoughts?

Post by Arlenez » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:48 pm

I agree with what so many have already said here. I am still using the TEA forms and they are so helpful in turning your thinking around and getting my life back on track :D

egriff

Post by egriff » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Arlenez wrote:I agree with what so many have already said here. I am still using the TEA forms and they are so helpful in turning your thinking around and getting my life back on track :D
Could not have said it better myself :)
The TEA forms work and my life is so much better as a result. Read the book by Sam Obitz http://www.tao3.comand give them a try :)

WW

Re:

Post by WW » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:21 am

Michael wrote:HeyWW,

Your recovery is very inspirational. I do a similair thought replacement excercise daily which has strengthend my cognitions, thoughts and beliefs!! Consistency seems to be the key!!

Michael
Thx man! Always love to hear of others similar success stories :D
Sorry so late in replying and hope and trust you are still doing great!

WW

Post by WW » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 am

egriff wrote:
Arlenez wrote:I agree with what so many have already said here. I am still using the TEA forms and they are so helpful in turning your thinking around and getting my life back on track :D
The TEA forms work and my life is so much better as a result. Read the book by Sam Obitz http://www.tao3.comand give them a try :)
Great job Arlenez!!! I still spend 5-mins a day using the TEA forms and feel great so I am sure you will continue to build on your successes as well :mrgreen:

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:11 pm

WW wrote:
egriff wrote:
Great job Arlenez!!! I still spend 5-mins a day using the TEA forms and feel great so I am sure you will continue to build on your successes as well :mrgreen:
This is true for me too WW. Keep up the good work!

WW

Post by WW » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 pm

I am convinced that if I stay with the TEA form exercise my old anxiety related problems will never return. I think some people think as soon as they are feeling better after using them they stop and their old anxiety producing way of thinking takes back over. I look at it as it took years to form the bad habits, so the new habits need to be reinforced to stick.

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Could you please repost that link? I'd love to check that out! It seems to help a lot of people-TEA- and I would like to read into it! Thank you!! :)

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Oh I found the post and saw the book on the website. Looks like I might have to get it and read it. Lots of ppl say it has helped them! THANKS!

WW

Post by WW » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:19 pm

It's pretty basic stuff but works great if you dedicate yourself to the exercises. Let me know if you have any questions because though the exercises are basic it takes practice to do them well. Good luck!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”