normal??

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
erica08

normal??

Post by erica08 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:59 pm

I have been suffering from extreme panic attacks and anxiety ever since i could remember. I am 22 and it has gotten a little better but not by much. Recently i have been having scary thoughts about hurting my loved ones or pets. I don't know why this pops in my head. I try to shake it away but it keeps coming back. I feel like something is wrong with me. Well about two days ago i was going to test myself. I put my hands around my dogs throat and i told myself if something was wrong with me i would choke her. I got this idea from a show i watched. But instead of a dog a therapist made her patient put a knife on her throat and made her hold it there. She did and nothing happened she didn't get hurt. so i thought this would maybe put my head to ease. I never did hurt my dog her but i still kept testing myself and then i would get depressed and sleep to try not to think about this. the whole time i was doing this i wasn't shaking or sweating. I just felt extremely mad with myself for constantly doing this and knowing i wasnt going to do anything. yet i kept testing myself. what i want to know has anyone experienced this? is this normal?? Im scared and feel like there might be something wrong with me.... :(

bob p

Re: normal??

Post by bob p » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:57 pm

there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. now take a deep breath and relax. people like us like to think and think and think. and then think some more. haha. there is no need to test yourself because we are the types that even when we do test ourselves, we overthink that. silly. just understand that we have overworked minds and we need to just accept that and use that energy for something else that is good for us like working out or volunteering or working on your house or helping others. you will catch on, i promise. good luck and dont worry it will all be ok.

erica08

Post by erica08 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:25 pm

thanks bob i just hate having these thoughts. I do exercise and eat healthy but i feel like that isn't enough.

luvbarbie7

Post by luvbarbie7 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:04 pm

I get the same way. I get these racing thoughts then I feel panicky. I hate the burning I feel I'm my chest during an attack. It's so uncomfortable. I know what it is yet it still scares me. I hate it. Just this evening I forgot my new inhaler at home. The old one in my purse is expired. I started to freak out about not being able to breathe. We went back home to get it but my body had already gone overboard. I always have to work off the stupid energy. I just want to be normal.

erica08

Post by erica08 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:13 pm

i am sorry luvbarbie i also know it's just my anxiety but it also still scares me. I feel as if i am the exception and that there really is something wrong with me Lately i have been feeling like my brain is working slow. I have to re read everything to get the concept of it. I cannot concentrate, and every time i type i feel as if i have to think about what letter i am about to type. anyone feel like this?

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:19 pm

erica, I know how you feel. Its like your brain is over loaded or sluggish,but it does pass. when mine gets like that its hard to concentrate and thats not good in my line of work. But it always passes.So chin up, its just anxiety. ;)

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”