Heart Palps!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
AmandaJo26

Heart Palps!

Post by AmandaJo26 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Whew!

I am so exhausted, and I'm exhausted from my OWN thoughts! I recently started having heart palps, just out of the blue! If I'm bending over, standing up, in the store, feeling good, or having a panic episode! This however is not often, and doesn't last long. It's usually once or twice a week, and maybe once or twice a day when it does happen. It has scared the crap outta me, and I'm terrified something is wrong with me, and that I'm going to die soon!

I haven't gone to see the Doctor, because I know how common these are. I know that I'm not experiencing ANYTHING else other than a flutter and sometimes a thump in my chest. No shortness of breath, tightness of chest, nothing! (Except when I'm having a panic attack, that's to be expected though)

I guess I haven't seen the Doctor, because I'm tired of running to him for EVERY sniffle that I have and think is the end of the world! I want to be able to trust myself, my feelings, my body, and my mind! I feel so out of control!

Advice? Anyone out there where I'm at right now? :(

bob p

Re: Heart Palps!

Post by bob p » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:48 pm

You know yourself. if you feel you run to dr every time you arent feeling right than most likely you are just fine. as long as you are in good health and eat good and excercise you have nothing to worry about. if you want to rest your mind, tell your dr to check you out. good luck you will be fine. bob

AmandaJo26

Re: Heart Palps!

Post by AmandaJo26 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Thank you, Bob! ;)

I like to think I know myself, but sometimes I'm just not sure. I often wonder if I'm not being silly by not going to see the Doctor, especially since this is happening, and I'm at the healthiest I've ever been my entire life!

I sometimes think I'm trying to sabotage all the good things In my life..

If it keeps up, I will see the Doctor. For now, I am going to relax and realize anxiety can play some dirty tricks. ;)

Thanks again!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”