Alcohol and Obsessive Disorder

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
jimmy256

Alcohol and Obsessive Disorder

Post by jimmy256 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:20 pm

Just curious of everyone's thoughts on drinking any alcohol with and obsessive condition. Is it best to go with nothing forever or is mild consumption okay...

Your thoughts?

coachchris

Re: Alcohol and Obsessive Disorder

Post by coachchris » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:45 am

Hi Jimmy,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Do you have the program? If so, we have an alcohol inventory in lesson 11 that can be very helpful to go through.

We recommend you try and step away from it completely for 2 weeks and see how you feel. Observe why and when you want to drink. We tend to be able to think a lot better when we are eating healthy and drinking adequate amounts of water. Many people have more brain fog and less ability to direct their thinking when consuming alcohol. We also recommend you minimize caffeine and simple carbs.

Hope this helps.
Coach Chris
StressCenter.com

jimmy256

Post by jimmy256 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:10 pm

Hey Coach!

Thanks, and yes I have the program. It got me through my darkest years through the end of law school, of constant obsession. I drank during weekends throughout all of this but recently have drank a good bit less with the baby. I have always wrestled with whether I had a problem, and some of the best I have felt in the last 10 years has been when I've gone sober for 2-3 weeks. Haven't made it past the 3 week mark yet. There's no way I could quit alone - I'm sure that tells me something.

I'm dreading doing the program AGAIN!

Shippee_11

Post by Shippee_11 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:55 am

Mild alcohol consumption is not a big problem but should not made it as an addiction. My father was an alcohol addict. In order to help him out I had found out suboxone treatment virginia beach center and there got his treatment. Everything went great and soon he recovered.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”