afraid of listening to others

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
bob p

afraid of listening to others

Post by bob p » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:49 am

hello im bob and i have had anxiety for about 27 years. has anyone been afraid of having someone say something to them and believing it. for example: my wife and myself went to a medium and during the show, which was great, i was afraid the man was going to come up to me and say i see something bad happening to you soon. right now i can laugh about it but at the time i was panicking about that happening. my thing is i am going to lose control and hurt someone or worse yet you know what to someone, very scary. i want to be able to put these fears to rest and be confident with myself and know that i am the one that has control over my destiny, not someone else who is going to predict the future. my original anxiety/panic came about when i smoked pot (first and last time) when i was 16 (im now 42) and i felt weird and my druggy friend came up to me and said that he laced it with coke. oh boy!!! that sent me into a tailspin that honestly put me in outer space (in my head). i have not been able to really relax myself in a long time. i want to be able to free my mind so i can be that super husband and dad (4 kids) i know i can be. dont get me wrong, i am a stand up husband and dad but i want to be able to feel it too. thank you

coachchris

Re: afraid of listening to others

Post by coachchris » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi Bob,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress.
I sent you a private message.

Looking forward to connecting :)

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”