anxiety+google=bad

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
BlueD

anxiety+google=bad

Post by BlueD » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Well I don't really consider myself OCD but i had a panic attack and now i cant drive alone or anything and i keep finding myself looking everything up about anxiety or how to cure anxiety or how i got it or any meds and all the side effects. I know i shouldn't but i just always keep doing it!
So is this ODC or am i just looking for answers??? I get the dizzy and out of body feeling and being in stores or big crowds or running in2 old friends and having to talk to them is the worse!!!
I am on session 3 of the program but its not helping me like i thought it would! :?
Any thought or anything would be helpful!!

Holly J

Re: anxiety+google=bad

Post by Holly J » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 pm

its just you looking for answers im sure. I did the same thing when I first got bad anxiety. It wasnt good for me to look at negative posts and made me feel worse. But def check out this site called excelatlife.com . it has great articles and audios too. It has an awesome panic assistance audio. You can download the app too if you have a droid. if not you can listen to it online. It has been sooo helpful to me. I listen to it almost everyday. Heres the link- http://www.excelatlife.com/downloads/re ... /panic.htm .Believe me you will get through this. I have been through alot and you can get your life back. Important thing to do is combat your negative irrational thoughts with rational positive thoughts. All this is is anxiety. You can beat this. I have it too. It sucks but I got to keep fighting it. try not to feed the fear with fuel. once you atop fearing it so much itll go away. Ive had many many fears and been tough derealization/depresonalization. But Ive realized distraction and positive thoughts are key!

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Thank you so much!! I just went and looked at it and one of the stories is my life... the one about driving!!! WOW!! Thanks alot

coach21

Post by coach21 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:38 am

Hey BlueD,

Part of being in the throes of this condition is being obsessed with yourself and your symptoms. I recall surfing the web as well in a desperate state of mind trying to find as many immediate answers about anxiety and medication. The internet is a wonderful resource (this forum) however their is alot of misinformation out there which your sensitive to right now that may aggravate your symptoms. Trust the process right now and try to limit your surfing to this forum and sites that compliment your program. I learned that "too much is just as bad as too little". God bless Blue and keep pressing forward.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”