Purely Obsession OCD.

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
jkick

Purely Obsession OCD.

Post by jkick » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Hello I'm a longtime participant here. I have struggled my whole life with panic disorder and agoraphobia. Three months ago I had a very life changing event occur. For the past three months I have been obsessing so badly over the event and the way I feel. It has debilitated me so much. Every moment these thoughts are in my head and I can't get a break. I can't concentrate and get very frusterated because of this. I was admitted to the hospital becuase I became suicidal. I'm afraid these thoughts will never go away and I'll live like this forever. They first diagnosed me with depression and put me on Seraquil and Zoloft. My therapist diagnosed me with Purely Obsessive thoughts. I think if the thoughts would taper I would be better. Do you guys think it sounds like OCD and are there any meds that help stop or slow these thougts down?

coachchris

Re: Purely Obsession OCD.

Post by coachchris » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi Jkick,

My name is Chris and I am a coach here at the StressCenter.com. I sent you a private message too. What you are experiencing is a common happening for obsessive worries like ourselves. When life hits us hard with 'change' we can tend to get very obsessive. It has a lot to do with 'control.' I hope to hear more of your story. Please see your inbox for the message I sent you.

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

mack

Post by mack » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:52 pm

as i understand through my struggles with obsessive thinking that this isn't OCD. your brain is fatigued from being oversensitized, and being bewildered by the symptoms of this, as well as so much anxious brooding. any strange thought you have clings because of the fearful way you are reacting to it. you're battery is drained and it can't recharge because of tension created by your reaction to these thoughts. i struggle with this a lot but one has to learn how to react and let go of the importance you are giving these thoughts. when you do this you stop the cycle of fear/adrenaline release, stress hormone release, more fear, and so and and so on. It's extremely difficult i know and i'm having a bad time myself right now. Everyone has weird thoughts from time to time, they are just able to accept them as weird thoughts and go about their business. We tend to overanalyze everything and think that there is some importance to these strange thoughts. They are a manifestation of brain fatigue. try floating through these thoughts and accepting them for the time being. If you can do this without reacting anxiously they lose their importance to you and the begin to diminish in frequency. I truly wish you the best. take care and start to practice floating.

coach21

Post by coach21 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi jkick,

Couldn't help but respond to your post in that I too struggled with the symptom of anxiety in which you described. Through my journey with this symptom of anxiety I continued to learn. As per "Every moment these thoughts are in my head....can't get a break..". Their is a ton of evidence to support the fact that every human on this earth gets weird, unintended, spontaneous, intrusive thoughts. We live in an age where we are bombarded by distrurbing news reports, news articles, video games ect.. Our brain digest everything and those prone to anxiety were born very analytical and sensitive thus an obscure thoughts pops in our head and we begin to ask ourselves a series of bad questions ie "where did this thought come from?" "Why am I having thoughts of this nature?" "Am I capable of carrying out these thoughts?" "Am I going crazy?", ect... We establish irrational conclusions about ourselves and insert belief into these conclusions and feel the despair, depression, frustration, anxiety, associated with these thoughts. Our knee jerk response is to eliminate these thoughts ie "afraid these thoughts will never go away..." which only leads to variations of the thoughts themselves. What happens when you try not to think of the sunset? You think of the sunset. It's the paradox of human control. Jkick, the thoughts are not the problem it's the way we react to these thoughts. Through personal experience and serving as a coach for the StressCenter.com I have ample evidence to support this. As per "meds to help slow these things down..." Meds are only a small piece of your recovery plan. I did take zoloft initially for several months until I became educated about anxiety and established a strong belief system and foundation. God has the answers and resources in line for your recovery Jkick. It's up to you to contnue to put action behind your faith. I and thousands of others have have successfully eliminated the feelings of anxiety, depression, despair associated with these thoguths....you can too!!! E-mail me anytime for support through this site or directly at mikesc21@hotmail.com. God bless and keep putting action behind your faith.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”