am i alone?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Livv<3#11

Post by Livv<3#11 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:26 am

Hi, i've had these terrible panic attacks since i was 9 and i am now 14 and dealing with these terrible panic attacks. lately i have been obsessing over dumb thoughts on loosing control and embarrassing myself. I also feel dizzy and spacey feelings. Please respond to this with advice or reassurance or suggestions to help.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 am

Hey Livv,

You are not alone. I use to suffer from panic attacks since I was 7 years old. Ofcourse back then I didn't know that is what they were. About 2 years ago they came back worse than ever. I conquered them and can tell you I do not suffer from panic attacks anymore. I used the attacking anxiety program to help me out with that.

The two most important things I can say to you is that Panic Attacks will not hurt you, and they always go away. It is your body releasing adrenaline because whatever thoughts you were having told your body you were in danger. Although most of the time we are just sitting there having racing thoughts and not in any real danger.

I obsess as well. We all obsess about something. So don't worry. This program also has a chapter in controlling obsessive thinking.

But everything you are describing including the "spacey" feeling most if not all of us can relate. That spacey feeling is your mind trying to refresh itself from all the anxiety and chemicals. Don't let that scare you. Float through it. You know we worry about that spacey feeling, most people that don't have issues with anxiety interpret it as relaxing. It really is all up to interpretation.

I think you will find these forums very helpful.
Everyone is here to help. So remember you are not alone. And any questions you have, there are loads of kind people on here that understand what you are dealing with and are here to help :)

EddyJ

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Never think you are alone....God is always around, and I am sure family and friends are an earshot away. We tend to feel alone when we are very upset over situations and during crisis' in our lives but your panic attacks ARE IN YOUR CONTROL....remember that. When they occur...just scope everything around you at the moment it happens...say, are there people here,(most people will help you out) if you are alone...just think..I am safe, nothing is actually happening now, I am in control, I am a secure person within myself. I know what to do. Use diversional activities that will relieve your mind...calming things, no violence, no TV...Go outside and play basketball, ride a bike, just walk around!! Let Go, and Let God take control. The peace will overwhelm you. creamcheese

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:59 pm

thank you both for all the advice. I will try and remember that the next time i have one. I hope you both overcome your anxiety and God bless you both!!!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”