About Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Hello Ms. T-Bones and thank you for this posting. I experience blasphemous thoughts constantly and after reading this I tried applying the techniques you listed every time I heard bad things to God or Dear Jesus. I admit I felt weaker because I just kept going past and letting them go, trying to hear God's voice saying "Just move on and I will grant you peace". Doing that made it scarier for me because I then felt as if I really meant it and was not trying to resist it....I sound like a nut case!!! Is it normal to feel scarier when combating the thoughts and letting them go? My anxiety gets worse!!! PLEASE HELP!! Gos Bless us all....

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi Worrywoman,
None of us really know what "blaspheming" against the Holy Spirit really is, but I think it is denying (rejecting) the Holy Spirit!!!

Since, you have have not denied there is a Holy Spirit, then I don't understand how you think you are blaspheming!!!

You are not your thoughts!!! Any thought can pop into our minds!!! The more attention one gives to a thought, the closer one draws that thought to them (kinda like a magnet)!!!

The very best thing you can do for yourself is to realize that you are NOT your thoughts and just to watch any negative "obsessive" thought float lazily by you, like the clouds!!!

The less "attention" you give to a thought, the less power it has over you!!!

I pray this helped you to understand how our brains work!!!

Have a great night's rest all safe, warm and sheltered beneath the wings of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Again :) :) :),
You are not a nutcase!!! You are just another human being on this earth who is suffering from OCD, nothing more!!!

If I was experiencing these type of thoughts, then I would begin reading my Bible on a daily basis, praying, listening to gospel songs and using God's word as my shield and sword!!!

I think each of us need to get the word of God deep down in our hearts!!! I think this would help you tremendously :) :) :)!!!

I would not sit around and believe those lies Satan is placing in your mind, since he is a liar and the father of them!!!

You know deep down in your heart that you love God, or these thoughts would not be bugging you in the least!!!

Here is a very relaxing video which may be of help to you...Enjoy my dear friend... Scriptures for encouragement

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Mrs T Bones - you are a wonderful person on this forum who enlightens so many of us....I thank you for your encouragement and pray God continues working through you and all of us here to provide the gift of healing to one another!

Sleep well!!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi Worrywoman :) :) :),
What a "nice" thing to say!!! Thank you!!! I think you are pretty "darn" GREAT YOURSELF, MY DEAR FRIEND!!!

I pray you get a wonderful night's rest!!! May God richly bless you!!!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”