Fear of dropping dead

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
meluv3

Re: Fear of dropping dead

Post by meluv3 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:05 pm

Oh wow - what a great thread!! Does anybody know how I can know when there is an update!?

I can relate to you SO much Joe! Checking the weight and blood pressure ALL the time ... like that is going to make a difference or something ... always looking for reassurance. Well, I am "weaning" myself from that and feeling a little more freedom.

The advice that was given was WONDERFUL! It is great to hear the story of your mom as I have 3 young children at home and feel so caught up in the worry cycle about my health and never getting better that some days I can't even care for them because I am scared in bed. I hate it! It is encouraging to know she got through it! I also appreciated the scripture ... it is so hard when I am in "the pit" to just let go of my control and trust God FOR all things and IN all things ... I know that is where the answer lies, but I am just so scared and He just seems so far away (although I know He is true to His promises and right there with me).

How is everybody doing now!? Any progress!? I am seeing some progress ... able to be out of bed more and working at floating through all the scary physical symptoms ... trying to remain hopeful ... it is just such hard work, but I want to get better SO badly!!!

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Meluv3,

So glad to hear that you are doing better and that the advice given on this thread has blessed you! Give yourself a hug - this is hard work, and you are improving and pushing through it! Don't forget that longing to get better. Sometimes we have to dig deep to find it when we are having a bad day, but keep geting in touch with that feeling. You WILL continue to improve! Where are you at with the program?

Blessings!!

meluv3

Post by meluv3 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi NeverQuit! I am currently working through session 4. I went through the program over a year ago, but didn't do ALL the bookwork and so this time around I am trying to make a point to journal more - especially the negative/positive self talk. I have been skipping around some if there is a particular issue I am dealing with ... like fear of how I was feeling during exercise, so listened to session 5 or fear that it was more than anxiety/depression that is my problem, so listened to session 1 and 2 again. SO thankful for this program and this forum as well. When you have all these strange body sensations and struggle with panic it is nice to have some reassurance to make it a little less scary! =) Are you currently working through the program?

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”