OCD and the Nose...anyone familiar?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
moshemordcha

OCD and the Nose...anyone familiar?

Post by moshemordcha » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:52 am

I practically feel like the only person in the world suffering from OCD in such a ridiculous light. Any mucus or feel of mucus in the nose gets me mad and I do irrational, stupid things like blowing the nose nonstop until my house shakes...putting my finger in a million times and so on.

Please respond if you know what I'm talking about.

Thank you.

NeverQuit

Re: OCD and the Nose...anyone familiar?

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Can't say I have ever experienced that, but it could definitely be a compulsion. While we typically hear about compulsions that come in the form of checking the doors, windows, etc., some people have to hit the wall that they pass, have to count the tyles in the ceiling, have to put their pants on a certain way, etc.

I would ask yourself, "What am I trying to distract myself from?" Try to get distracted with something else!

One thing I have read is that if it feals like OCD, an obsessive compulsion, then it IS OCD. This is not meant to scare, but to keep our perspectives correct on what the anxiety is - it's an irrational behavior or thought that does not need to be given any value because we are just using it to distract ourselves from something else!

Keep working on the program, maybe even try putting a bandaid or something on your hand so it reminds you not to do your habit. :P :)

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”