Concentrated on Blinking

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
KiekegaardSatreCamus

Concentrated on Blinking

Post by KiekegaardSatreCamus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:11 pm

For the pass two days, I've been highly aware of my blinking. I've become so frustrated with this particular self-awareness that I think it'll eventually drive me insane. I searched through some of the previous forum topics on this, but no mention of it as a main topic. If you're currently having this compulsive obsession, or have in the passed, it would be greatly appreciated to hear your insight. Thank you.

NeverQuit

Re: Concentrated on Blinking

Post by NeverQuit » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Haha, I have had this obsession for a few minutes in the past. You need to tell yourself that this is just an obsessive thought and it will pass. You ALWAYS find something new to obsess about. Believe me, this will not last forever.

What you need to tell yourself is you are just using this obsession to distract yourself from something that you really don't feel like dealing with right now, whether that is boredom, lack of control of something that is going on, a task that you just don't feel like doing, etc. Focus on what you can do to take control of whatever is REALLY frightening or overwhelming you. Keep doing the program. It will help!!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”