How to fight OCD

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
ROCKER

How to fight OCD

Post by ROCKER » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:04 pm

well I discovered there is nothing to fight. I'm writing because this changed me for better.
do not fight OCD. it's not an enemy.Its you, be cool and just tell yourself I'm not going to make my compulsion.
doctors can never understand us. god knows what I've been through, I discovered that I don't need to run hide or fight.
I just sat with myself and looked inside me saying : then what..for how long..what will this do to me, I felt like I was looking to a dark room imagining a zombie in it. I entered that room and it was empty. I used to obsessed about going crazy. I was like a magnet to anything scary, if I see a scary movie I felt like I'm going to make this in reality or happen to me. always been afraid of going crazy and embarrass myself. I used to have compulsions .sever compulsions that I tried so hard to hide them from everyone. compulsions that are useless and makes me feel like I'm stuck forever if I don't do them. its hard and no one can understand us as much as it sound stupid...but it is stupid and everyone who focus will step ahead of this. never think the thoughts will go. its just the feelings of the thoughts that will drain which make the thoughts just like any other.
and know this. sometimes being afraid of something is so much stronger than having it.
Ocd is not your enemy, its a state of mind we place ourselves in.our mind can change to whatever we wanted it by focusing.
as much as Im not convinced with this but I want you to check out EFT on youtube. its free and I tried it, but I don't have ocd no more now,wont harm to try, if it's true what they say about it, then welcome to the change :)
god bless you all

Faith_TX

Re: How to fight OCD

Post by Faith_TX » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:40 am

I think that's the key! Stop fighting and wishing the thoughts to stop and just accept them. Takes their power away.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”