just want my life back

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
bonita2243

just want my life back

Post by bonita2243 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Ever since I got this program I been feeling great been doing and following the steps but I have been a nervouse wreck every since I been told I had high preasure and that is wat is triggering my anxiety. Some days I have. A good reading and there's days were I get. Well not so bad readings a little high. I notice that when I'm calm I'm ok but when I'm stressed or I get bad readings and it causes to mess up my mood and I don't understand I feel like such a failure. I constatley think about it I take the meds that they give me for bloodpreasure. And I try to remain as possible can someone please please give me some faith cause I'm about low right now.
mona

NeverQuit

Re: just want my life back

Post by NeverQuit » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:39 am

Keep speaking positive things to yourself! Tell yourself how much you love yourself and are going to take good care of your body by trying to eat right, exercise, and relax. Don't tell yourself, "I have to relax! I have to get my blood pressure down!" because that will only make you feel worse. Speak as many calm, accepting, relaxing things to yourself as you can, and do the relaxation tape! That's a huge help for me in learning to condition myself to relax. I can say the word "Relax" to myself now and it automatically creates a peaceful feeling. Keep up the hard work! Don't give up. :)

bonita2243

Re: just want my life back

Post by bonita2243 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Thank you so much it means so much to me to hear those words from someone I just get irritated sometimes. I just want to b normal and I am capable of controlling my own thoughts I'm just so use to thinking negative its worst then a smoking habit lol again thank u
mona

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”