Why am I the only one with this thought?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
highanxiety

Why am I the only one with this thought?

Post by highanxiety » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:01 pm

My OCD has come back lately and Ive been scaring myself again! Is it possible to "make" yourself become afraid of something? Like I was sitting with my partner and i had this scary thought wjhat if i became afraid of him? Now i cant get this thought out of my mind its making me feel like i cant look at him in the same way! My question is... is this possible? I dont want to be afraid of him i really love him but my ocd makes me doubt and say you may love him but u will become afraid of him! Is this my ocd? I have never heard of anything similar to this fear when i look on the internet so i feel all alone with this thought!

highanxiety

Re: Why am I the only one with this thought?

Post by highanxiety » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:07 pm

This thought has also made me think i may become afraid of other things like "men" i am a woman and i know this must sound crazy and i feel crazy but these thoughts area really terrifying as i have lots of male friends is this just ocd? I dont want to give myself a phobia! I try to distract myself but my thoughts are with me wherever i go and when i speak to a man i over-analyze and think now am i afraid of him? am i gonna flip out?!! and i cant relax. Stupid OCD! Is this even OCD? Or am i just going insane?

NeedAdvice

Post by NeedAdvice » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:16 pm

It sounds like OCD. You should really talk to a doctor about this because people on the board can't totally give you the support that you need. This board doesn't seem to be very active right now. Get you some medication and stop worrying.

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Haha, sorry, I don't mean to laugh at your thought, I can just definitely relate!!

This is the same thing as the obsessive scary thoughts that the program talks about. I don't know if you have gotten to that session yet, but if you have, listen to it again, it is a HUGE encouragement to hear the other people talking about their scary thoughts and how they freaked themselves out, only to realize FINALLY that they were completely ridiculous!

No, you can't think yourself into being afraid of someone. :) Although you CAN scare yourself, like you're doing now!

Some natural things you can do to help yourself are 1. Get exercise. 2. Drink lots of water - about 8-10 glasses a day. 3. If you eat meat, eat some turkey. It's high in tryptophan which is a precursor to seratonin, which helps with the obsessive thinking and depressive thoughts. 4. Get to sleep at least an hour before midnight. For me, this makes a HUGE difference in my ability to conquer these thoughts.

Don't give up!! You are fine!! These thoughts are just a side affect of anxiety.

What is REALLY bothering you? ;)

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”