help!!!! scared need support

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
samschevy

help!!!! scared need support

Post by samschevy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:44 pm

hey everyone i just started this up again i was on chapter 2 before but i felt beter so i stoped bad idea!! so iv started it again and im gonna stick to it iv had some realy bad thoughts almost constetly its like everytime im inside my head all i think about is hurting or killing someone i love wich is not like me at all i just turned 21 and iv never hurt anyone ever so these thoughts scare me so much and sometimes it feels like a urge more than a thought idk am i crazzy iv been going to counseling and they have me on meds i was onprestique now they just started me on prozac wich worries me iv herd some bad stuff about it but i decided to try it i cant keep going like this i fear for everyone around me they all know about it and they say i would never hurt anyone but i cant seam to get that through my mind sometimes my mind actualy wants to prove them wrong!! idk anyone been through anything like this or know anyone that has or am i just nuts and mabey i should check myself in a metal hospital?? :(

Pauly J

Re: help!!!! scared need support

Post by Pauly J » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:28 am

Having these thoughts of hurting someone you love is more common than you might think! This is very common for one with OCD! My 12 year old has the same thoughts and he is scared and has no intention of hurting anyone! You are just having these scary thoughts which disturb you! The fact that you know you will never act upon it is more than enough to say that you are not going nuts! If these thoughts scare you then you are fine and just frightened by the thoughts!

Prozac is a good medication which I used 10 years ago! I have taken it for a few months and then successfully got off of it! Don't believe everything that you read about Prozac! Most comments you read or hear about Prozac is not verifiable or amicable just people giving opinions! Meds affect everyone differently! Even if you have some side effects they are generally not too bad! You will do well on Prozac if you take it as prescribed! Prozac was called the "Wonder" drug! You will be fine!

pauly j

samschevy

Post by samschevy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:14 pm

thanks pauly j that makes me feel a litle beter. iv been on the prozac for two weeks now and i feel beter than i did :D still gonna be a long road but i will make it. Its just nice to know im not the only one out their who has these problems

baileybandit

Post by baileybandit » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:43 am

Hi sam,

I'm actually suffering with the same problem. It started about 3 months ago. I'm controlling it without meds so you can do it without meds. All you need to do is Let Go, Let God. I know it is easier sad than done but it is the only thing that will truly help. I would be more than willing to write you and help you out. Like I said I'm still struggling with it as well. I'm only 23. It is a roller coaster. Some days are awesome and some are not. Just know that you will not do anything and trust yourself. Greater is he who is in me, than he who is in the world. God bless!

coach21

Post by coach21 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Hey Sam,

Sacry thoughts of which you were described were one of my symptoms of anxiety. Reality is the fact that these thoughts scare you i.e. "thoughts scare me so much..." is pure evidence that you are incapable of acting on these thoughts. Individuals who are find these thoughts intriguing and would not be reaching out for help on this site. As per your statement "It feels like an urge..." individuals grappling with this symptom often engage in emotional reasoning. Emotional Reasoning defined as establishing irrational conclusions based on the way you feel i.e. I feel like I have an urge thus I must have an urge... Reality is feelings are not facts. Facts are you are incapable of acting on the these thoughts. Reality is you were born very sensitive and analytical. Two great traits but when used in a counterproductive manner creates anxiety. Obscure thoughts of that nature "pop up" in you head and you chase these thoughts down in an analytical manner establishing and reinforcing irrational conclusions. We establish a habit of chasing these thoughts down until we feel the pinch of anxiety.

As per your statement "Sometimes my mind wants to prove them wrong...." First of all there is no "them". All we are talking about is obscure thoughts and anxiety. Secondly, establishing and reinforcing these irrational conclusions just leads to more variations of these thoughts. This is normal when we are uneducated in regards to anxiety. We react rationally with anxiety to something irrational, obscure automatic thoughts. Sam, know that there are thousands of individuals with this symptom who have recovered completely. You are in the right place. Lastly, share this symptom with a RESPONSIBLE EAR i.e. someone who can provide insight or guidance. Individuals uneducated about anxiety may lack understanding. Feel free to e-mail me anytime for support. You are a success waiting to happen!!! God Bless.

asammy

Post by asammy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:38 am

you are not alone! I used to get scary thoughts such as the ones you discussed and it would freak me out! I did not understand what was going on and thought I was a terrible person for having these thoughts. However, what we need to remember that this is just ANXIETY. It's not how we truly feel, it's not what we want to do. What you need to remember as you're going through this is that you are not crazy and you are not alone. I will pray for you as deal with this.

maa1984

Post by maa1984 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Def not alone!!! It seems like my mind is constantly racing with thoughts of injuring/hurting someone or myself. I am worried that a child will run out in the street in front of my car, that I will have a horrible wreck while driving in heavy traffic, and having been a former "cutter", I worry that I will begin to hurt myself again. I have tried many, many therapists and medications. Prozac was one of the first meds that I was given and it made my symptoms SO MUCH WORSE, there is a demographic of patients(ages late teens to mid twenties) that can have this side effect. I have been taking Paxil (for OCD/eating disorder) and Buspar (for anxiety) for approximately the last 3-4 months. I really noticed a difference in the first 4 weeks, but now I am starting to have lots of "thoughts" again and even had my first panic attack in years two nights ago. I've found that breathing techniques, "going to a happy place", and the support of my family is the most helpful.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”