Wow :(

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Charlie Brown

Wow :(

Post by Charlie Brown » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:20 pm

The Pure-O post "Take Heart..." is missing again. This is the second time it not listed here since the Great Change. I guess it was deemed to large or something else. I am sorry for the people who found it helpful.

Paisleegreen

Re: Wow :(

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:10 pm

We miss you Charlie Brown, yes, it has been very sad around here. I really miss a lot of the old timers. Sniff...sniff...but I'm glad you came back for a visit. I just miss the old format too, such is life, I'm missing lots of things that aren't the same anymore. I guess that is the purpose of the life to build, tear down, rebuild, and so forth. :roll: I do have to report that I am pretty much free of many of my anxiety symptoms, mainly the "scary feelings" you get in your gut that keeps one from eating and feeling calm. I'm doing better sleeping on my stomach, where I couldn't do that for months. I can only attribute it to protein meals, and most recently more egg salad sandwiches. Plus getting outside in the sunshine and gardening, going back to my hobbies that make me fill good and gives me exercise and joy.

So by doing this in carries over to give me energy to other tasks I've been avoiding. So how are you doing these days? Paislee :mrgreen:

Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:08 pm

That is absolutely wonderful news, Paisleegreen. :!: I am genuinely happy you are doing so well. You should be very pleased with yourself. You have done so well with your improvement. :) (Rocky music is playing.)

Unfortunately I would replace the "we" with "I" in your statement We miss you Charlie Brown. The "I" would be just you. I can see by posts--or lack of posts, from two board members in particular who are still present--that there was no wondering where I was. Perhaps it is just as you said: I guess that is the purpose of the life to build, tear down, rebuild, and so forth. My exit from this forum is now, apparently, complete.

I appreciate you asking how I am. I no longer have a desire to share that here on this site. I would, though, ask a favor of you. Contact the site's administration about what happened to my "Take Heart..." thread. Not because I started it, but It seemed to be very helpful to many people.

Once again: I am so, so happy for you. I know you will continue to improve. :D

All the best, Paisleegreen. :mrgreen:

coach21

Post by coach21 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Hello Charlie Brown,

Take heart was a fantastic thread! Opened the window for so many to share. Maybe we should start Take heart 2? I've been affiliaed with this program since '2000 and my old account was "pruned" by website reconstruction. Nonetheless I opened a new account until my old account is hopefully re-established. It'll be unfortunate should we lose those old posts but I'll continue to strive help individuals help themselves recover from anxiety. God bless my friend!! Hopefully you'll re-consider and continue posting!!

Former usename MICHAEL

Peter Q

Post by Peter Q » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Hello Charlie Brown,

I was just curious, would you be the same, Charlie Brown that resides in Denver, CO, and is a Restaurant Owner, and has an Auto brokerage business as well. Just Curious.
Regardless, I hope you are doing well !
Take Care,

Peter Q.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”