Do i possibly have OCD?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Jauve

Post by Jauve » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi my name is Jauve i'm 15 ( i know i shouldn't be here but this seemed like a good place to discuss this) but anyways, last friday night my mom was going to bed and we said our goodnights i was playing a war videogame and it was pretty late. But all of a sudden, I have these thoughts of hurting my mom and they were scaring me so i turned off my videogame and these thoughts continued. These thoughts continued through the weekend and I couldn't get them out of my head. They still bother me and are now making me think I don't love my mom because now when I think of her dying it dosen't bother me like it used to . I'm so bothered that I don't even want to go to school and I just want to be alone. I'm constantly sad and tearing up because I'm wondering why I have these thoughts. I would love your input.

-Jauve

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Juave -

First, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. Second, I would strongly suggest talking to your mother about your fears and to see if you can see a therapist or some other professional. What you're describing sounds very much like a common OCD fear of hurting others, but only a professional can make a proper diagnosis and get you the help you deserve.

Good luck to you,
Jamie

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:30 am

Thank you for the response Sea,

I have talked to my mom about this everytime I feel this way I go to her for comfort because I get really sad and down about these thoughts. I visited a doctor on monday and she said it dosen't sound like a mental disorder and she said it could be just something i'm going through so I haven't been diagnosed yet.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”