OCD Show on VH1

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Thu May 27, 2010 3:26 pm

I just now was channel surfing and was surprised to see on VH1 a show called The OCD Project. I am in the Eastern time zone, and it is on til 12 midnight. It is actually two episodes (10-11, 11-12).

VH1 is always repeating stuff, and this may be a new series on the channel.

MaxineRyder

Post by MaxineRyder » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Yes i've heard of it too. Is anyone out there worried though, that if they watch it, they might get even more symptoms that they hadnt even thought of...?
Maxine
Maxine Ryder
www.ocdridiculouslife.com

Heather24

Post by Heather24 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:31 am

Yea I've noticed that sometimes watching things about OCD if someone is similar to me and they have to do this one particular thing I'm like 'oh thats a good idea I should start that'....thats the OCD part of me talking of course. It sucks. So I try to avoid watching things about OCD.

Dominick

Post by Dominick » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:11 pm

You shouldn't avoid watching programs about OCD. You got to meet it head on just like any other part of anxiety. Use the six steps to avoiding a panic attack from session 2 and session 3's positive self talk and you'll become stronger and stronger when facing OCD. I had it for about a year. I had to keep checking to see if the stove nobs were turned to the off position. it used to take me about 20 minutes before I was able to leave the house everytime I went out.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”