Anyone else can relate?

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
~Noelle~

Post by ~Noelle~ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:29 am

Does anyone else worry that someone will come on this forum and read our scary thoughts? I worry a lot sometimes that people I know will come on here, read my thoughts and think badly of me for it. I know anyone who comes on here can relate to these anxious thoughts and would only be supportive but I still worry about it.

sherry2010

Post by sherry2010 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:54 am

It did cross my mind, but I find it more so with journalling. Every time I write something I wonder if someone will read it and think I sound dumb or really lame. So it interferes with the freedom of writing my true feelings. Do you worry how you sound or that they'll discover things about you that you don't want them to?

~Noelle~

Post by ~Noelle~ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:12 pm

I worry they'll believe the thoughts when they read them and they'll think badly and differently about me.

I just thought of a coping thought and it did help me feel much better.

papa mustang

Post by papa mustang » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 pm

it doesn't matter what other people might think. its only important what we think about ourselves. its our lives that we are striving to improve and win one for just my self and no one else. you just gotta rock it!

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Papa Mustang's got the right idea ;)
i dont know why you would be worried about that anyway Noelle, there is nothing on this site that would point to who you really are. You have no info, pics or anything. You could be any noelle in the world or maybe your name isn't even Noelle lol.

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Same with Sherry, no info, how could anyone EVEN if they happened to somehow stumble upon this site in a million years or so, know who you are?? Theres no way, and like Papa mustang said you shouldnt be worried of what others would think even if you told them to their face. This is a way of thinking, of looking at the world that isn't beneficial for us, its not a disease or condition or anything, I mean you can label this way of thinking whatever you want but the bottom line is its just the way you think, and the negative thoughts your subcounscious brings to your mind and these can ALLL be changed, you are just retraining your brain to work for you instead of against you. I mean you would think, being cautious and taking extra good care of yourself seems logically to be the BEST thing for you, but as we come to find, its not. Everything in ration and proportion! Don't exagerate but keep your passions! :D

I hope you all read this because I know it will help and it contains the fundamental core issues of what we have all been struggling with. I've been studying all this for a while and the workings of the mind (conscious and subconscious)

Take care all, May God Bless You all!

sherry2010

Post by sherry2010 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:14 am

Hi a.marble,
I know you were trying to encourage and dispel irrational thoughts, but when I read your post my first response was feeling that you actually confirmed my fear, like you were confirming my thought was dumb. Then I wanted to send noelle a private message asking if she felt the same way, but I'm trying to be more assertive with my feelings and get them out instead of holding them in! So decided to reply publicly. And also allowed me to work on my over sensitive reactions.
So your post was great practice for me, thank you!

sherry2010

Post by sherry2010 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:22 am

Ps hoping my post wasn't negative? I appreciated your post! It ended up helping in the same but also different ways than I think you'd planned on.

~Noelle~

Post by ~Noelle~ » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Thanks for your responses, guys! Yeah, I don't know why I'm afraid of this. I think it's just the fear of someone finding out my most fearful thoughts and them thinking the worst of me. I'm trying to work on it and underreact too!

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Yeah Sherry np, your doing great! My goal was to just show you guys that it is a very irrational fear, but of course not to make you feel bad in any way. Your response wasnt negative at all. Your fear isnt "dumb" just irrational and negative, and thats all of us, me especially, so we just need to notice these, not get emotional around them, and then correct them. Soon our brains are rewired to help us instead of to hinder us.I am getting a lot better. Also, something that would really help you guys, and has realllllly helped me is the book "been there done that? do this!" by sam obitz. I'm telling you ANY negative thought can be easily corrected in minutes and your way of thinking changed drastically for the better with the 2 simple TEA form exercises. Its the probably the shortest adult book I've ever read, its more like a little report/manual. This is INSTRUMENTAL if you are having fears like these and irrational thinking, especially OCD type stuff. Take care, I hope you all look into this :)

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”