Need Advice

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
highanxiety

Post by highanxiety » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:20 am

Hi Im just posting because im having a very tough time at the moment with my intrusive thoughts. I am on medication which isnt really helping that much. My thoughts are really random and weird. My present thought/ spike is ill be sitting in the room and think to myself 'what if'.... and the what if this time is what if i become afraid of other people/humans. Will i end up alone? will i end up hospitalized? I dont even know why the thoughts effect me so much becuase its ridiculous im not 'afraid' of humans i have a family that I adore and a loving boyfriend. Im just so scared that i am 'becoming' afraid of them. This is really weird and i am starting to think im going insane. I even keep 'purposley' visiting family members just to prove that i am not afraid if them and i still doubt myself. What is all this about? Im even kindof wondering why my obsession is like nobody elses' where people are afraid of harming people. I once had an obsession that i would harm people/ turn into a murderer but i got through that obsession last year. Can obessions shift patterns like this? I feel sick to my stomach and im signed off work, i barely eat or sleep. Ive lost about a stone in weight and everybody is worried about me. I feel anxious for no reason whatsoever just my stupid brain wont let things drop. I feel really crazy telling people about this, im not a religious person but i could really use a prayer right now! :'(

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:40 am

Everyone's different in some ways. My obsessive thoughts can be about anything. I tried to figure out why song structure is the way it is, and I nearly snapped, and felt horrible because I couldn't make sense out of it. I often look at humans in the 3rd person point of view, like "that's typical of jack," of any other crazy junk. I don't even remember what some of these obsessions feel like, cause when they're not bothering me, I don't think about them. Getting to where you don't think of them seems to be the hard part. Hang in there. I'm trying to hang in there, too.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”