Cannot switch off my thoughts

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
highanxiety

Post by highanxiety » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:21 am

Hi havent posted on here for a while. I was suffering with scary thoughts last year about hurting my boyfriend/ everyone. I went onto zoloft 100mg and the fear started to lessen and lessen until thankfully I can ignore the thoughts and get on with something else. Anyways that was last year, now im having alot of stress at work lately, i cant handle my workload. At first i found myself lying awake at night thinking about it. One night i lay awake until 5.00 in the morning. Now i cannot seem to shake off my constant obsession with sleeping. Im not on any meds at the moment but im going back to the doctors because my anxiety is bad again. I feel like ive failed, i wish i could be stronger but i know that anxiety / ocd will be with me for my entire life. If anybody has any comforting words right now i would really appreciate it.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:29 am

I think we all feel that way (that it will always be with us) at times. I know I do. BUT Sunday School got me thinking this morning that the Anxiety, etc. is the enemy, and as long as I keep fearing or entertaining the Enemy, I am not truly accepeting Christ's forgiveness and living in his light. So I banish it mentally, at least consciously. We all have times when we need to know things will get better. There is hope for a better world, a better life for you. There is a promise of "good things to come for you." The pressures of your job may be telling you it is time for change--stop pushing yourself to be perfect and meet others' expectations. Meet your OWN expectations, one day, one hour, one minute at a time. There IS help. There IS happiness. As you struggle to find that hope, I say to you: "Hold on. Keep trying, not so much to be perfect, but to accept your limitations. God loves you. Things will improve." May He lead us in His way, away from the darkness of our Enemey, anxiety, OCD, whatever...God bless YOU!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:16 pm

hello Highanxiety and Kathy C.
Thank you for your posts. I have the same concerns about my job and the feelings of being overwhelmed by my responsibilities. I also fear I will disappoint my boss, even after I received a "exceeds expectations" on my review two weeks ago.
Thank you Kathy for your words. Logically, I know you are right, but it's hard to shake the feeling that I will fail and embarrass myself at work.But you are right, that is the enemy talking and need to stop entertaining him.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”