supersticious

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
ellkay

Post by ellkay » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:12 am

I recently noticed a lump on my neck. my dr. thinks its nothing but at most my thyroid. so I have been worried about it because that's what I do. I am scheduled for a sonogram next week so I am trying not to freak out. HOWEVER, today I had chinese and my fortune was "do everything you want to do, there are only so many tomorrows".. I can't help but think is that a sign that something serious is wrong with me. Does anyone believe it or thinks its crap:) I'd like to hear someones take on this.... thanks.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:14 am

Hi Ellkay - I think it's crap. And, do you know what? So do you. You're just scared and anxious right now. You could see something on a billboard and wonder if that was a sign or not. So don't take the fortune seriously. It's just entertainment. In fact, tell yourself that "it's ok to have these concerns (about the lump in you neck) but you are not going to discuss it with yourself until the test results are back". Give yourself a break from it for now. (Your scare voice does not have a medical degree.)

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:15 am

you brought tears to my eyes. thank you.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”