OBsessive thought about a former boyfriend

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Martha Meighan

Post by Martha Meighan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 am

I have obsessive thought about a former friend who never considered me a girlfriend though he had to be with me every waking and some sleeping moments. He said he never wanted sex because it bonded you to the person, I wasn't his body type etc. but slept in my bed and tried to control my life. We ended sort of last year but he started texting me again and now said that if he got the money from back pay (its a long story) he would help me to get to Oregon which is where I want to move to. My questions have been obsessively asking if he still cares about me and why he wants to help me if he doesn't feel that I am good enough to be his girlfriend in the traditional sense. I feel like I am going out of my mind. He has been mean to me and denigrating and I can't figure this out. Help! How do I find out if this is safe and why he is wanting to help me?
Martha

ANDRE.W2

Re: OBsessive thought about a former boyfriend

Post by ANDRE.W2 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:38 am

Hi Martha, I think being safe to u means caring about someone who cares about you, if this guy can't see the beauty in you and about you, then he's just blank out of luck. it's simple, real men know how to treat women and I'm sure you are a good woman you have enough courage to tell your story so your definetely strong. he should be falling for you. Martha obssessive uncontrolled thinking is a problem for many people, and I'm one of them but w/ the help of this program we can get through this. For years my thinking was controlled by obsession. over people. I came to find out that it wasn't even about them but it was the way I felt about myself. I'm enrolled in the stress and anxiety program and I'm just learning to like and love myself. I don't want to sound adviseful but 1/2 the time it takes a lot of energy to figure out what I'm going to do, I can't imagine how much time and energy it takes to figure what someone else is going to do. keep up the good work. Andre.w2 Peace

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”