Not Allowed.

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Stacers

Post by Stacers » Sat May 08, 2010 11:10 am

So I got this idea from another OCD forum (Stuck in a doorway), a member there had just recently lost her mother who used to always tell her "Not allowed" (Not in cruel way) when she started having scary thoughts.
After her mother passed she made her own Not allowed list, and I thought we could do something like that here.

I am terrified of having Schizophrenia or Delusional Disorder (I CONSTANTLY have delusional like thoughts.) so mine will revolve around that.
EVERYONE feel free to add your own, AND once you post the fear make sure to post something funny after it, to show you how illogical it really is.
I PROMISE THIS HELPS.

- Not Allowed -

Not allowed to think the Goverment is watching me - Because Honestly what in the world would make me so interesting to them??

Not Allowed to think that someone is trying to poison me - Poisoning is SOOOOO cliche.

Not allowed to go to Websites that deal with Schizophrenia - Because You steal all of your delusional thoughts from there, need to be more creative <3

* Not allowed to go to websites that deal with Schizophrenia - Because they turn you into a paranoid crazy person, and honestly it's not all that endearing.

Not Allowed to think you're gonna hurt/kill someone - You can hardly bring yourself to kill a bug (Spiders and flys excluded), killing a human would be out of the question.

Not Allowed to think you might have run someone over - I honestly think you would remember that... And if you don't remember it, the big dent on your car would be a dead giveaway. If theres no dent, then chances are, you're good.

Not allowed to think you are delusional - Because delusional people DO NOT know they are delusional, and as awesome as you are, I highly doubt you are the exception to the rule.

Not allowed to think people are out to get you and you're family - Once again, ya'll aren't that ineresting.

Post by Guest » Sun May 09, 2010 3:37 am

Hi Stacer -

I'm actually that member from SIAD! I just came across your post and it made me feel so good to know that my mom's idea is helping you so much. I'm going to post my list here too.

From Mom - "Not Allowed"

Harming or killing yourself

Giving in to OCD or anxiety

Isolating yourself

Blaming innocent people for my death (or other things out of your control)

Being afraid of yourself, your thoughts, your feelings or your memories

Pushing away people who love you

Giving up

Drinking or over-medicating

Forgetting to laugh. I love to laugh

Doubting that I will always love you

Post by Guest » Sun May 09, 2010 4:41 am

"NOTALLOWED" Not allowed to get married again, third time is not a charm.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”