My thoughts are ruining my life!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
highanxiety

Post by highanxiety » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:21 am

Just me posting again. Im not doing very good. I have suffered from intrusive thoughts before mainly about hurting my friends/ family/ colleagues. This thought no longer bothers me. But now im being bothered by worse thoughts that i will 'become' afraid of something or someone and i visualise myself freaking out infront of someone. I feel crazy.
Also Sometimes i will look at a person/ dog and think well thats made up of lots of little tiny cells/ particles and for some reason this drives me into panic mode because no-one seems real. I tend to over-think about everything however when i try to disract myself my mind is still over anylzing everything, i cant concentrate on a tv program or anything anymore. Is this ocd? i want the thoughts to stop!

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:41 am

I don't know if you're a boy or girl, but DUDE, you sound just like me. I often think that people aren't real. And have violent thoughts towards animals and family. Makes me feel sick. A lot of it gets triggered by tv. We just analyze everything.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:00 am

Dear High Anxiety-
I seldom post, and rarely visit the site anymore, but I had to respond to your posting.
What you have is typical obsessive thinking patterns. Your mind conjures up any way to scare yourself, and this varies from person to person.
You just have to remember that these thoughts are not you, they are just thoughts. While you may FEEL crazy, you are not, because if you were, you would not be aware or scared of it.
The thing is, the more you fight these thoughts, the more they will "stick". By floating with these thoughts and feelings they will gradually leave you. But the key is gradually, and they also may also return when you are feeling particularly stressed by something.
Besides completing the program, one of the most helpful thing I've found is research old posts in the OCD section. There was a poster named Boon, who doesn't seem to post anymore, but she always offered wonderful advice and words of wisdom. I've never been diagnosed with OCD, although I've had flare-ups of obsessive thinking since childhood. It doesn't really matter if actually have OCD or not. Wishing you luck and God bless.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”