Can you relate??? HELP, racing Obsessive thoughts.

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
jules722

Post by jules722 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:07 pm

I have constant racing thoughts of bizarre scenrios where people are mad at me and Im defending myself or I am telling people off or proving them wrong. Can anyone relate? I saw a piost about scrupilosity. Not sure if this relates to that..I wish I could turn my head off :((

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:26 am

I don't know if this will help but will share my experience. My racing thoughts came in a couple forms. One was a series of episodes where someone had done or said something to me that was out of my mind but just popped back up from no where. Then something else would pop up and soon I'd be mad, really, hurt I guess, with everyone for things long since past.

Other times I'd go to do something, see something else to do, go to do that, try to remember why I came in there in the first place and start a cycle of going no where fast and getting nothing done.

Also, if the next day was busy, I'd have a terrible time going to sleep, or if I was in one of those spells of remembering hurtful things from the past.

My doctor put my on Vyvanse for ADD and something to help me sleep. Things are better. I have to get my mind off the obsessive thoughts which I usually do here on the computer in some form or fashion. I pray, sing, whatever to break the spell.

Just wanted you to know I can relate, hope I was of a little help...
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

jules722

Post by jules722 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks Bev. Sometimes I seriously hate being me,. Ive actually had the program now for about 4 years and have never completed. I can never get past week 3. I hate that I have such low self esteem. Sigh...trying to relax and work on that. Got into a disagreement with my boss yesterday and now imbeating myself up...I keep going ove rit and getting angry and being mad at myself but then I try to see that she in fact was also in the wrong. Trying to see that but its hard not to blame mysel for everything. Thanks hope you are doing OK. Hang in there...

angel4luci

Post by angel4luci » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:18 am

You said you never finished program,never past week 3. Have you tried continuing with program by moving on to week 4, 5, etc and just keep working on week 3?

you cant just quick like that...keep going...stop grading yourself.....just give it a chance. As far as your boss goes, its ok to disagree. you dont have to think, feel, act the same as anyone and thats ok.
all about the love

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:41 am

wow, good answers everyone, I've learned some new things from all of you!

Bev, Boy, you really explained some of the things I do, but didn't realize it was compulsive until a psychologist said it.

Now it is just working on the feelings or experiences that causes me to feel anxious and have compulsive thoughts or actions to take away the pain.

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Slimjim saying HI. Just wanted to see if you woulld like to take a peek at my latest webcomic? If so let me know what you think.
Thanx.
[url=http://madamexinc.smackjeeves....cs/1029786/mx-inc-1/]http://madamexinc.smackjeeves....cs/1029786/mx-inc-1/[/url] I'm a recent graduate of the program and I just wanted to show those of you what this program has allowed me to do in ways I never thought was possible. It's allowed me to unlock some major creative juices and it can do the same for you guys as well.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”