:(

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
madlaxdevil

Post by madlaxdevil » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:01 am

So this is my first post in here. I self-diagnosed myself with OCD when i was googling around about these horrible thoughts that i have. I fear them everyday till i wish that i'd stop being worried and fear them. But somehow, another fear was being gained, that if when i stop worrying and being in fear, they will come true :/ this sucks a load. Maybe somehow i just need some reasurrance that these horrible thoughts will never come true.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:31 am

You are not alone. My mind wants to dissect and analyze every single thought that enters my head. It's like my mind keeps thinking of new ways to become a serial killer. It's crazy. Today, I was at the hardware stores, and looking at a display of knives. The door was open, so the thought popped into my head about snatching a knife, and going psycho and slicing people up. That though left after a few minutes, but they always seem to come back. What I said probably doesn't help you, other than re-assure you that you aren't the only one. Good luck.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:34 am

You guys need to listen to Lucinda's CDs more, as many times as you have to until you HEAR what she says. These thoughts are just our subconscious mind's ways of letting us face what is REALLY bothering us. The obsessions are LIES--When I find out the truth about what started an obsession for me, I actually scoff at it, and then I pray for the strength to just trust God and stop trying to be the all-powerful One myself.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Originally posted by brandonmississippi:
You are not alone. My mind wants to dissect and analyze every single thought that enters my head. It's like my mind keeps thinking of new ways to become a serial killer. It's crazy. Today, I was at the hardware stores, and looking at a display of knives. The door was open, so the thought popped into my head about snatching a knife, and going psycho and slicing people up. That though left after a few minutes, but they always seem to come back. What I said probably doesn't help you, other than re-assure you that you aren't the only one. Good luck.
its okay. You're helping me enough by reassure me that im not alone. Thank you.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Originally posted by Kathie C.:
You guys need to listen to Lucinda's CDs more, as many times as you have to until you HEAR what she says. These thoughts are just our subconscious mind's ways of letting us face what is REALLY bothering us. The obsessions are LIES--When I find out the truth about what started an obsession for me, I actually scoff at it, and then I pray for the strength to just trust God and stop trying to be the all-powerful One myself.
im gunna find her asap. Thanks!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”