pure o thoughts...

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:09 pm

I have pure o, and currently most of my thoughts involve God. I was walking in my house, and looked at my dog, and literally felt like I could have a pure o thought spike just by looking at my dog. I think this says a lot about pure o. It shows that the context of our pure o thought really has nothing to do with anything. I think it's the way we look at things. I feel like with the fear I am having of my thoughts and the tremendous amount of anxiety that carries along with this that I have the ability to take any thought, and make it into a pure o thought.

Dr Phillipson says that pure o is not a disorder, but a psychological condition. I really feel this is true. I think it's noting more than a strong anxiety condition with the prevalence of extreme fear. I think with these two things we just alter things in our minds. I think it's nothing more than that. I think by knowing this, we could find the power to realize that this condition should not pose a real threat in our lives, and that we are perfectly normal, we just have a distorted view of neutral things because of high levels of doubt and anxiety...

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:54 pm

It's funny because I was just thinking about what else I could think of, and then I turned my head and saw my mom laying on the couch and felt a bad thought creeping in. It's fascinating how our mind plays tricks on us and how it generates these bizarre thoughts. I really don't fear these thoughts anymore just because I see how absurd they really are. I can almost laugh at these thoughts because they are so ridiculous and meaningless. All and all I think it is anxiety, fear and doubt that makes us think this way.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm happy for you. Wish I could get over these thoughts. Like you said, my dog could walk in the room and I start thinking that the dog itself is not a whole, but a trillion organisms bonding together and functionig to... nuf said lol My thoughts are bizar, obserd, ridiculous, and creepy. They make me feel insane, out of control, and evil. Really troublesome. And I can't read something without anylizing every word because I'm scared that I don't understand the true meaning. You probably didn't want to hear all of this. Guess i'm just rambling.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Brandon, please tell me a little about yourself. I enjoy listening to others, it feels good to listen and talk with others who feel the same way I do.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:09 pm

I must say Brandon, that over the last few weeks I have begun to realize a lot of things about myself that were playing a roll in my ocd. I wasn't just the ocd, it was many other issues in my life I was unhappy about, and I feel was using (and still do) these thoughts as distractions from other things. I don't know as much as I thought I did when I started on these threads, but I will say that seeing a good psychotherapist really helped me realizes some amazing things about myself.. I thought I had it all figured out when I beat a few of my obsessions, but learning about my deeper inner issues has really helped me as of late. Thanks for the insightful posts with everything, everyone on this board is very supportive and knowledgeable and I have learned a lot about myself by sharing my feeling with others on here.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”