Getting over trauma

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Wannalivelife

Post by Wannalivelife » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:02 am

I have just recently been thru something extremely traumatic.Since that I ordered this, and it has been helping. I am also working out, and pray constantly as well.There are times when I still obsess about what happened to me.I work very hard with staying optimistic, but those feelings creep in.I just have to get rid of dwelling about the crisis that took place.It has consumed me, and I want to be completely over it!

Molly77

Post by Molly77 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:56 am

I have had a few traumatic experiences in my life as well as this past year. I think that it will come and go throughout our lives(the trauma)and we heal another layer of that trauma as it does come and go. I think it is natural depending on the severity of the trauma. There is no way some traumas can be healed completely in a small amount of time.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:26 am

Wannalivelife--I'm sorry that you've had to go through something extremely traumatic. I hope part of the pain is subsiding and that you are doing better, feelings will come and go, but as you work through them, it will get easier, sometimes its like taking 2 steps forward and then 1 step back. We're here for you.

Molly has made a very good observation. Take care as you go down this journey. :) Paislee

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:53 pm

I'll be praying for you!!! It's so hard to not just have anxiety, but to also go through something difficult, or in your case, traumatic. I can't imagine. What you said about praying is so true - keep doing it! Keep pressing through to God.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”