Am I crazy??

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
highanxiety

Post by highanxiety » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi there just needed to post this to get it off my chest as i am to scared to tell anybody like a therapist or doctor incase they think im a lunatic and lock me away etc etc! I am a normal 24 year old girl with goals and dreams like everyone else, i have a job, a boyfriend a house etc. Earlier this year I was off work with panic attacks because i thought that i was going to harm my boyfriend or anyone i came into contact with it was hell on earth but i seemed to pull through it with the help of a therapist who stressed that it was anxiety and i WAS NOT crazy! I was put on 100mg of zoloft which did help for a while. Now it doesnt seem to be working anymore and my scare thoughts have come back i battle them at work/ when im at home when im with my friends etc. The latest scary thought is that i will somehow become afraid of everyone and i will randomly start screaming or something! Its really weird its like when ever i get over one scary thought another one comes to stay! Whats wrong with me? Will this ever go away ive had these thoughts for years and my worst case scenario is that it will get worse! So if anybody has any advice or a prayer i would be grateful to hear from you as i am going through hell atm. :(

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:12 pm

i feel exactly the same way......right now actually have sort of the same thoughts my mind is alays spinning feel crazy as well...so at least we are not alone...

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:46 am

You are not crazy.

You just have to learn how to control your thoughts - by NOT trying to control them.

It's a simple method, but not always easy. It takes some practice, but after a while you'll wonder why it ever bothered you so much and looking back it'll just feel like a funny old memory.

Go through the program, you will grow immensely and learn so much!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:43 am

Hi there,

Of course you're NOT crazy. You said it yourself, you're normal and have goals and dreams, a bf, job etc. You're psychiatrist said you're not.

As Shif said do the program esp.the lesson on compulsiveness so you hear the other people say their compuslive/obsessive thoughts.

You asked for prayer so I'll pray for both you and bryan.

Father, you see and hear the emotions and thoughts of these compulsive/obsessive behaviors in both of these individuals. I ask you to shelter their minds. Affirm to them how special they are to you. Because they're concerned about these thoughts definitely means they won't carry them out. If they need medication provide the right one and of course they need help in turning the thoughts over to you or just saying Jesus, Jesus, till the thoughts leave or peace, peace for that is what you came to give. Perfect love and peace cast out all fear. We thank you for Jesus and ask this in His name. Amen

You two will be just fine and we wait to hear the good report. :)

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:39 am

High Anxiety - This is a fabulous program, but there is not enough emphasis on obsessive scary thinking. Please order and read Freedom from Fear by Dr. Howard Liebgold. He puts great emphasis on this topic and you will feel calmed. He offers exposure techniques to help you overcome this. You are giving your thoughts way too much power and it is time to take your power back.

For now start watching your thoughts. Just watch them and allow them to be there. I trust that you will not hurt anyone. I trust that you will not go around screaming. It doesn't matter how you feel or what urges you may have, you are a safe person to be around.

So start allowing those thoughts to come and go as they wish. Tell yourself that they are not valid. Have you hurt anyone recently? I doubt it very much. Tell yourself that it's ok if these thoughts run around in your head. Welcome them in. They have no power to do anything. (Your thoughts are not a call to action!) They are invalid and you choose to be in charge now by allowing the thoughts to come and go and not talking back to them. Don't argue. Don't haggle. Don't try to make the thoughts better. Just watch. You'll start to calm down.

My best to you.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:21 pm

Boon thanks for the advice. I guess you have had alot of experience with all this. momof6 told me that you would be very helpful, especially on this subject. I too actually had these thoughts when I took xanax and then my panic/anxiety became full blown because I got so scared of the thoughts. the self talk lesson #3 is where I am right now and its helping some. I'll tell you more about myself sometime. I will say that I couldn't get into the program for several weeks because I got panic attacks with hot nerve endings whenever I thought about doing it. I am doing some better. it just seems anytime I want to try something new I get the "stuff". I haven't done any driving much and don't go anywhere w/o my hubby yet. I am taking meds and hope to be able to get off them in time. thank you again for being so willing to give of yourself to mentor us. Tbone, Gman and momofy and those in the online church sublist have been so good to me. the support is so encouraging.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:03 am

To Highanxiety

Hi, I´m a 30 year old male, I´ve had ocd since I was about 12 years old. First of all I want to tell you something, "Jesuscrist loves you and your gonna be ok". Its very important that you see a psychiatrist because as with any disease the sooner you start treating the disease the more chances you have of recovering. Let me tell you that 200mg of zoloft is for the most part the standard dosage for ocd so please look into that with a psychiatrist. Its also very important that you start taking a multivatim multimineral supplement and a B-complex supplement as well. When you get to a right dosage on your meds then it would be the time to start cognitive therapy.
Have a good day

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:04 am

To Highanxiety

Hi, I´m a 30 year old male, I´ve had ocd since I was about 12 years old. First of all I want to tell you something, "Jesuscrist loves you and your gonna be ok". Its very important that you see a psychiatrist because as with any disease the sooner you start treating the disease the more chances you have of recovering. Let me tell you that 200mg of zoloft is for the most part the standard dosage for ocd so please look into that with a psychiatrist. Its also very important that you start taking a multivatim multimineral supplement and a B-complex supplement as well. When you get to a right dosage on your meds then it would be the time to start cognitive therapy.
Have a good day

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:16 pm

i went through the same thing you did only my thoughts were abouting hurting children. i was so scared and i was only 16 when it happened. i could barely concentrate in school. i just lived everyday in fear and was too afraid to do anything. i felt as if there was this black thing over me hindering me from my life. i didnt know what to do so i couldnt take it anymore and told my mom and older brother. so i went to the doctor and they put me on celexa and i felt better for a couple months. then this year, im 18 now, i started having anxiety and panic attacks again but then i began this program and i have a good feeling that it will help me. youre not crazy at all ok?

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”