AM I ALL ALONE

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
determined75

Post by determined75 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi everyone! I have suffered with OCD since I was 16 years old (I am now 34). I obsess about people that I went to high school with or knew in my past if I see them out at the grocery store or where I work, etc and they don't act "just right" then I get extremely anxious and I obsess about it for weeks. I worry and obsess that maybe I did something horrible to them back in high school or sometime in the past. Maybe I commited some sort of crime or something really bad and they are looking at me because that is what they are thinking about. I have started seeing a therapist and he wants to try exposure and response therapy but I am really anxious and don't know if I can do it. I feel although alot of people have OCD that no one else obsesses about what other people think. If anyone can relate please let me know. THANKS

mack

Post by mack » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 pm

I think most people worry about what other people think. Your worry (obsession)is just intensified by oversensitized nerves. Everybody gets funky and scary thoughts we just have to remember how to accept them as weird thoughts and nothing besides. You're getting help just stick with it...if its not working try a new therapist or a new form of cognitive behavior therapy. From what i've seen alot of us who deal with this think that no one has had as weird of thoughts as we have had. I'm learning to never say never. Your therapist is right about facing the fears with exposure therapy but sometimes people need a little help with a benzodiazapine during those times.

clearsky27

Post by clearsky27 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:51 pm

You are not alone. One of my best friends who has been diagnosed with OCD does the same thing. This is basically what makes up her OCD and is her main thought. She is always afriad that people are mad at her and anayzes conversations with people that she hasnt seen in awhile. She asks me over and over if she did anything to them and if they have something against her. Its just you being over analytical which is a sign of ocd. You can do this!!!

determined75

Post by determined75 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Thanks it really helps to know that someone else has the same kind of thoughts. I would like to hear more about your friend and what kind of therapy she has used. I am trying what my doctor recommends but it is sooooooo hard to do when the anxiety is so strong. :roll:

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”