hypocondria - PLEASE HELP!!!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:49 am

time4
I dont know your age but you could very well be in perimenapause, its takes about 10yrs to go through,, and hot flashes and night sweats are part of that... You might talk to your doctor,, Nelly:)

cosmogirl

Post by cosmogirl » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:00 pm

thank you so much for posting that charlie brown. we just moved and don't have our printer set up yet but when we do i will being printing that out. I think it will really help. i also thank all of you for your posts. It has been a rough time for me and you have all help so thank you. it is so nice to know you are not alone :p

Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Sure thing, cosmogirl. Good luck in the new place. ;)

michaelt

Post by michaelt » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:57 pm

I am amazed by your post CB. I will read this over and over. If anyone in this forum cannot find something in there to relate to I would be shocked. Your information has educated me in so many ways and as I go through this program I will refer back to this post often! Appreciate you taking the time to write such a lengthy and informative post!

Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:34 am

Wow! That was so helpful! Thanks and congratulations on your aggressive treatment of your symptoms! You have certainly done your part! I am encouraged by your success.

Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:19 pm

Thank you, michaelt and Meadowlark. :D

I am glad the post can help.

cosmogirl

Post by cosmogirl » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:47 am

i need some reassuring. does anyone get realllllllly anxious going to the doctors? I DO!!! i need to go to ease my fears but i am so afraid of them finding something horrible or missing something that i really do have. i scare myself so bad. then i feel to like if i am not anxious than then will definitly find something. i drive myself crazy. i am just so scared. does anyone have anything that might help me through this. i have issues with really frequent heart burn and head conjestion that causes dizziness and all kinds of stuff and chest conjestion that gives me wierd flutters and i have a hard time breathing sometimes because of it and i wheeze. i am just so scared of what they are going to tell me that i don't even want to tell them my symptoms.HELP!!

Shastalee

Post by Shastalee » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:38 am

Hi I have the same problem with doctors Its called fear & white coat anxiety with me.All I have to do is think about going to a dr and i am a wreck.I am going to work on this and not give my power to the Doctors.Last time i went in I was in a panic anxiety attack my BP went sky high.The Dr just kept on about it I said keep talking it will go higher,Only had to wait 2 hours to see her. When I take my BP its normal.

NyGirl7

Post by NyGirl7 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:45 am

I know this thread is 2 years old but I wanted to resurrect it because this is the root of all my anxiety I constantly obsess over body symptoms and run to the doctor, the ent, you name it...when they ease my fear, a week later I'll be afraid of something else and end up going back. I have several different physicians because I get embarrassed about how many times I'm in there, and sometimes go to both on the same day for second opinions!! I have sinus problems that make my head feel funny sometimes then I get so nervous that my stomach will hurt and lately I've been tired, but not sure of the xanax is causing the fatigue. I had my physical/blood work in November and now just made an appt to go back again tomorrow for ANOTHER physical because I'm afraid what If there is something wrong...but I was ALSO going to ask him about anti depressants, has anyone had any experience on them working for hypochondria?? I mean, the voice of reality is always there in the back of my head telling that is is irrational thinking but it just doesnt seem to sink in. Does anyone else go through this??

Thanks!

moonie91

Post by moonie91 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:22 am

I relate to all of these posts. I continually worry about diseases and body symptoms. I recently ran to the ER feeling faint because I had to have a Tetnus booster. Never had any problems in the past with shots, but there I was freaking out. I also had bats in my house last summer and I was never bitten and always took precautions I constantly worry about rabies. I even got my GP to prescribe vaccine so If more bats get in I can be protected. It's sitting in my fridge but I'm too afraid to take it. It's all in our minds, we focus too much on our body functions. This fear sucks but I'm getting better. Good luck!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”