bothered by thoughts

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
wayneg

Post by wayneg » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:49 pm

i notice alot of peoplehave thoughts about hurting someone or whatever but does anyone have thoughts about open space ive asked for help on this before its kind of like i can travel and stuff but when i am home and know i have to go somewhere it could be a week down the road that thought comes in my head and it ruminates like alot it takes up alot of my tine it distracts me .i try to say its just anxiety or acceppt it cause i dont really know what else to do i mean the open space is everywhere and i think this thought is holding me back to a quickr recovery some i hope can help me wayne

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Wayne, I don't know where you are in this program. Each week you spend working the program, you develop new methods of coping with your issues, and you put new tools in your fix-it tool box. I began Session 12 last evening, and the amount of help this program has been to me in overcoming a serious depression cannot be described in words. The best encouragement I can offer is to do this, stay with it, and when you get those open space worries, go back and review Session Two. Some good tips there for you. And don't forget the carry cards. Very good tips there you can keep in your pocket. Good luck.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:28 pm

thank you for your help i just wake up with the thoughts that i wll become agoraphobic which scares me to no end i know that im not but my mind tell me that u are its just awful anyone else that could post would be greatly apprciated i know its just a terrible part of my anxiety but i cant shake it . it started like a month or so ago i was driving and i was like look at the space and all of a sudden bang a let it scare me this just really sucks i guess thats all . wayne

Faith123

Post by Faith123 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:43 am

Good Morning =) It is important for you to always remember that these are just thoughts and no more than that. I had to go through this as well and the more you realize this the better. Things do get better, I promise! Hang in there!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:30 am

can you let me in on what you did to get over this obsssion of basically being scared of nothing i mean really openspace what a joke but the son of a bitch thought ruminates....wayne

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”