OCD guilt..so much worse this week.

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
ineedhelpasap

Post by ineedhelpasap » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:06 pm

hi. i know ive posted about this ocd guilt before, and all of you gave me wonderful advice..but this week (and as i said, my hormones are crazy..) this week it seems much worse, and also a little different. My ocd keeps telling me that i WANT to tell my mom and sister. My head keeps saying, COME ON TELL THEM! whats the worst that will happen?????? then its like an urge, very similar to what i used to get when i was little to blurt out innappropriate things in church and things like that.. i feel it on the tip of my tongue. I keep thinking, if you do tell them RIGHT NOW..will this anxiety stop? even though i know in my heart its my secret, i dont want to tell anyone especially not them. but i keep thinknig for some reason that i should tell them? its like my mind is sabotaging my life. and then its saying what if its NOT your ocd.."what if you truly feel guilty for keeping secrets from them because they dont keep secrets from you" ITS SO ANNOYING. i just need some encouragement again because idk what to do! im miserable.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:09 pm

im sorry to keep bringing up the SAME problem i feel like a broken record! its enough to drive me mad.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:44 pm

Is this "secret" something that really should be said or is something stupid that your ocd is playing games with? If you are living your life in truth and honesty then I say its just your ocd. No one needs to know everything about us. If this "secret" does not in any way have a negative impact on their lives then just take note that this is an ocd thought and do your best to ignore it.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:51 am

I agree with Diva. We don't have to tell people everything...especially if it would hurt them in anyway. It keeps coming back up because that's what OCD does. You might talk to someone that you respect and trust (counselor) to get an outsider's view if it is difficult to make this decision. First of all have you forgiven yourself this "secret".

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:35 am

i also agree with the other two replies. i know how you feel though, i have been there. my therapist basically broke it down to that if what we did wasn't out of a purpose to hurt them then we have no reason to "confess" to them. it's ocd telling you to. that has helped me to deal with this impulse to tell. also telling them might help you for now for this situation but i have found the more i tell, the more i think i need to keep telling. work on trying to break this habit, the less you tell the less you'll feel the need.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”