obsessing about obsessing

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
JJ

Post by JJ » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:19 pm

If I'm going through a stressful time, I have the racing and anxious thoughts when I'm waking up. They lessen after I start getting ready for work. Then once I'm at work, they definitely stop. It could be that I had some breakfast or just the distraction of everything at work. I found that if I do the relaxation exercise before I fall asleep, it lessens the anxiety in the morning. Also, if I eat the right foods the night before surely helps too. But not sure what exactly causes the racing thoughts. I've seen in other posts that some people have them at night.

my02angelz

Post by my02angelz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:08 am

hey JJ
I have them in the am. at night im usually ok,so i can agree with u. I have no idea where it comes from either.
are u taking anything?
Eddy,
ur so funny and so right. mind f matter im sure. same for me!!

JJ

Post by JJ » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Eddy,
Since I only have the morning anxiety and racing thoughts when I'm under a lot of stress, I guess high levels of stress must trigger something.
Presently I'm on Xanax, but I'm in the process of weaning off it with the help of my physician. I been on it for a few months. I'm going over some of the the program lessons again and they really help, along with the relaxation tape and positive self talk. I get a lot of inspiration from the postings on this site. There's a lot of courage and empathy. It's a big help.
I heard something once that made a lot of sense.
Those of us with anxiety get our "stakes" and "odds" confused. An example is when I was in my 20's I had some chest tightness due to anxiety. I was often worried about a heart attack. Although the stakes of having a heart attack is a serious thing, the odds of someone in their early 20's having one is rare. People with anxiety often feel that if something is possible to happen, then it will happen. We don't pay attention to the odds of it happening. We get scared by the "stakes" and are sure it will happen.
Take care.
Joe

my02angelz

Post by my02angelz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:02 am

HEY JJ
just wondering why ur weaning of the xanax? how often do u take it?
i have it but use it her and there. Im still waiting for the program. hoping it helps. i see it has helped with alot of ppl here.
i get the nerves and the racey thoughts but i thinks it stems from the waiting fr the next anxiety to set it. its like im nervous waiting fr something to trigger me,since i have No idea what the main cause was.i have to just take it easy.
do u take any herbal anything?>

JJ

Post by JJ » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi,
During the past month I started exercising more, and also started listening to the the program CD's again. Exercise has a good affect on how I feel. So I think with the combination of above, I'm feeling less need for the Xanax. I know you will benefit from the program. You're going to hear people on the CD's who have experienced everything we have. The skills you will learn will help you feel better. You will also learn more about yourself and understand your thinking patterns. It's a great program!
The Xanax is 0.25mg. I could take it up to 3x per day, but usually take it twice. I don't take any herbals. Just vitamins and avoid caffeine and chocolate. Caffeine makes me feel a little anxious, and chocolate (in large quantities) affects my mood.
I hope you get the program soon!

VaBeachgirl

Post by VaBeachgirl » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi my02angelz, you sound exactly like me...although sometimes I know what I'm anxious about, most of the time, I have no idea! I'm just nervous and the more I think about being nervous and anxious, the worse it gets. I've also had the physical symptoms...brain fog, dizziness, aches and pains, etc...Of course, I always obsess that I have some horrendous disease. Thank the Lord above, I seem to be healthy but this anxiety is exhausting me but I don't sleep very well. I am just entering week 3 of the program. I really hope it helps...I have 2 children and really do not want to pass this lovely trait onto them.

my02angelz

Post by my02angelz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:55 am

hey Virginia girl. yep thats me. I think im anxious about being anxious.lol i shouldnt make a joke but its true. i dont have any reason accept im scared that theres somthing physically wrong with me because why else would i act like this or worry about things ive never worried about before. EVER.im a single parent of 2 and i guess its built up stress etc. but since my first panic attack i have been on edge worried alot. almost every moning i wake up afraid or thinking whats this pain or that pain etc. i have to work myself thru it before i have anxiety. I have noticed i have been praying alot and asking the Lord for peace. I know in him i will find the answer to why this is happening. from what i can tell u,i know where suppose to just get up and do our business regardless if we feel a certain way. we have to stay active and not let it run us.
how long have u had this? do u take anything for it? how do u like the prgram? im still waiting for mine.
jj,
thanks for the input. yep. .25 for me too with the xanax. i havent taken more then 1 and a half in a day. which is awesome for me. I carry it everywhere though.lol i havent used it in a while .im trying to get my mind right and not depend on that. i think ti just clouds the judgment. i have to get back to working out. i was a Gym rat for years and just slowed down recently. i have to get out and do that. im going to also try the good day pills when they come. have u tried them? i guess were all in the same boat. didnt know this was such a wide spread thing.lol

EddyJ

Post by EddyJ » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 am

Yep my2angelz,

This is definitely a wide spread thing. We might be the majority haha.

I can really relate to your story because my anxiety use to be about my health. I am glad you will be receiving the program soon. It was what I needed to rid my self of panic disorder. I just used the workbook and cds, and the coaching videos. I didn't have supplements or anything. What I did have was a diet and nutrition plan that I worked out with a doctor.
If you ever have any questions, ask away. I remember the path very well, you are definitely on the right track

Eddy J
" I feared I was going to lose control. I feel better now. Not because I regained control. But because I realized I never lost it in the first place."

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”