IF IT IS NOT ONE THING IT'S ANOTHER

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
determined75

Post by determined75 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:39 pm

I have had OCD since I was 16 years old (now 35) I have worried about everything from HIV to thinking people are out to get me. But my most recent fear is this. I am diabetic and I had taken my test kit to work with me and I am absolutely convinced that I accidentally left it laying in the office while I went to lunch one day. The office is in the store where customers walk by and I am soooooo scared that maybe one of them used the machine and that I used the same needle so now I have HIV. This same thing happened a few years ago when I worked at a different place and I obsessed for months over this (finally went away). I tried to be so careful with the machine since I knew what I had worried about before and I don't even know that I left it there while I was at lunch but it hit my mind and I cannot quit thinking about it. Has anyone else ever had anything similar happen? Please Help!!!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi determined :) :) :),
I promise you faithfully that you no-one used your machine, and that you do not have HIV...

This is just obsessing over things, nothing more ;)

You are going to be just fine, I can assure you of that one!!!

I am still "kinda" scared of leaving a "drink" or my "food" unattended out in public!!!

But, I must tell you, that if I do it, then I will still drink/eat it, because I know in my heart that God protects me, and that whatever I am drinking or eating is safe!!!

I place my trust in the ONE, whom I know of a "certainty" watches over me daily!!!

I pray that you don't "give this one any weight at all" since, it is your "obsessive negative thinking" which is causing these fears!!!

I promise you that one and I don't even know you :) :) :)!!!

I pray you get some rest knowing that God takes "excellent" care of you!!! Love, Cloie

rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:34 am

What about a counter thought:

Nobody would want to use someone else's (meaning yours) tester because they wouldn't want to catch someone else's diseases. You wouldn't use a strangers machine, so why would anyone else.
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

ItsOkayThisIsGood

Post by ItsOkayThisIsGood » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:36 am

I know how you feel. My fear of contracting/giving an infection or disease has affected my love life. It's not fun. It's like this voice in the back of my head won't allow me to relax and have a good time with my partner because there is always the fear of hurting or being hurt in this way.

Because I am a skin picker it is even worse for me because my OCD causes me to compulsively pick my skin which makes me fear the infection thing even more. It's a vicious cycle. I know how you feel because I've had similar fears.

I can't offer advice because I am deep in my disorder at the moment (depression) but just know you are not alone. Let's try to do the Relaxation sessions more often and maybe that will help us. I also feel the OCD is very biochemically related. I started taking my supplements because when I start to OCD out, I can feel my brain imbalance. But I recommend getting a personalized supplements plan from a doctor based on your own body chemistry--orthomolecular medicine is good for this.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”