OCD still here in the head..

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
KC2002

Post by KC2002 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 pm

My OCD is again rearing its ugly head with the die in a certain amount of time because I ate something, did something, etc.

I know it is irrational, which is the first step to dismissing the thought, but it just won't go away.

Tips, anyone?

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:49 pm

Try to get out of your head...I know that it doesn't happen over night. Be an observer in your thoughts you are not your thoughts you aren't even your physical body for that matter. Think about that and get comfortable with it. Pretend you are an outsider looking in on your life...It is great practice for getting out of your head. Let the obsessive thoughts pass they always will... You have way more control than you realize.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:26 pm

Mrs Anne your reply was very very good
it helped me and I just wanted to mention it this
I am in my head- and I am changing my life with thoughts negative and positive and I need help with now I GOT MYSELFF THINKING THAT I AM GOING TO DIE NOW and now I need help
sincerely
obc
ahmed

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:30 am

I agree!
Mrs. A, your reply was great. As an ocd sufferer, that concept was a major contributor to turning my personal therapy around and changed my life. A practice of mindfulness can help achieve this.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”