Really bad nightmares

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:57 am

Hi Everyone, I have been suffering from severe anxiety and severe insomnia for a while now and now I have disturbing thoughts about harming others (like loved ones, my beloved pets, just losing my mind and losing control)
I feel so wretchedly guilty about all of this even if the "spikes" subside a little.
I know it's all "o" OCD, but when you are experiencing at the time, it is intense so it's hard not to give emotions to it, but I know that's what we have to do.

anyhow, I know this is about nightmares which I also suffer from. First I'm afraid I can't get any sleep, then I'm afraid even if I go to sleep I'll have nightmares including violent and or just bizarre and strange that don't make no sense at all.

I rather get nightmares about me getting hurt then me hurting someoneelse.

I almost feel like when you sleep, your subconscious is the real you? is this in me? or is this anxiety/lack of sleep/ocd that I've been experiencing lately all influencing my dream?

I feel mentally exhausted, but I have to keep reminding myself don't feed the thought by reacting with fear or hysteria, but just say it's a thought, and I'm going to go about my day. someone said it's a "creative thought" and add humor. maybe we should do that we nightmares and dreams as well. It's just stupid thought and it don't mean we are like that or wishing that in some secret way.

I know it's hard, but I'm determined to get better. Let's stay strong and step one foot in front of the other and keep going. :)

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”